Stories of a Moron

Monday, December 29, 2008

End of the Year Grades

Well I'll call 2008 all but over. Its been an interesting year. There's been some really cruddy things go down in 2008 and some really cool stuff too. There have also been a lot of 1st for Paul Murphy in 2008.

1st
- International vacation by myself
- Time to replace a wheel bearing on a truck- twice
- Spearfishing adventure
- Time to pick up a dead dog out from under my bed
- Time to fast and pray
- Caught my first live rat
- Time to reset the date counter ever
- Time to hold hands with Aimee Nicholson
- Bad date ever
- Rejection for a job after an inteview
- Trip to Carowinds
- Win in a Columbia Volleyball Tournament
- Dumb comment to Aimee's Dad
- To step out and expect God to catch me
- Apartment
- Place to live with nobody else :(
- Job in retail (and hopefully the last)

There have been some really good things that happened this year. There has also been a lot of stuff I could have done without.

Bad
Going completely broke in February
Peaches the dog and all of her ticks
Being unemployed for 4 months and getting pretty depressed about the whole thing
Gus the Truck
Working during the entire Christmas season
Not getting to see most of my friends and family

Good
Learning to trust God more
Getting to spend time with Aimee
Selling Gus the Truck
Renewing my relationship with my Jeep Wrangler
Getting to play in a frisbee tournament with the old team
Hanging out with Josh again
PBC
Working
Free furniture
Working with the CSF in Clemson
Frog gigging
Spear fishing
Getting to know Josh Carrillon better
Xbox night that I missed so much
And so so so much more

2008 hasn't been easy, but it's definitely been a good year.
I'll give '08 a big A+ and it may get a lot better.

Easley HS is looking for a Social Studies teacher to finish out the year.
I'm going to see the Gamecocks play on New Years Day.

Paul "Outback Bowl Bound" Murphy

1 Comments:

  • Paul... not a bad year at all, most people are stuck doing normal things, like working a typical desk job. It is hard to mix fun/unpredictable with the safe/secure. All in all, I would say you have had a solid year, best of all you are back in sc!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/29/2008 10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home