Stories of a Moron

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Games I Play

Working at a sporting goods store has some perks. I've come up with a few games I play at work.

Puzzle
ESPN is on all the time. By about 2:30 I usually can piece the entire 30 min program together.

Work-out (not really a game but still fun)
When there is nobody in the store and I've done everything that needs to be done, I work out. Yup, I have a plethora of weight lifting equipment in my section so I make sure it's all in display form by working out. Some days I'll get 100 crunches in.

Mockery
I mock teenagers who try to use Bikes and Fitness as a date or friday night activity. Every Friday and Saturday I've got tons of adolescents coming in my territory and punching the heavy bags, removing boxing gloves from the packaging without putting them back, trying to kick-flip on my skate boards, and playing on my fitness equipment. So I make fun of them for it. "Hey, get your mom to drop you off somewhere else next friday." "Does your girlfriend always bench press more than you?" "My grandmother moves a heavy bag better than that" "Its called a 'Speed Bag' not a 'Slow Bag'"

Bonus
I have an inversion table in fitness. Most people don't know what it is so they just hop on it and pretend to do sit-ups on it. An inversion table is made to invert people. It also has to be set pretty close to the right height and weight to be counter-balanced correctly. So for fun I go and set it to a way low weight. That way when some unsuspecting teenager hops on it and leans back they go tumbling over backwards and get stuck up-side-down. Its really funny. I laugh at them a lot. Then when they leave in embarrassment I go and pick up all their pocket change.

Paul "Scrooging it out for Christmas" Murphy

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home