Stories of a Moron

Friday, September 26, 2008

Busy.

Well in the last week or so I've gotten a lot done. I had a job interview last thursday with Dick's Sporting Goods as a bike technician. In previous interviews I've tried to let my accolades speak for themselves. I mean if you do the math a graduate degree and two years work experience at 24 don't equal normal. The subtlety hasn't been working. So I went in this one and told them how I dominate life.

Last friday I went to meet Josh in NA to road trip out to a frisbee tournament in Alabama. While hanging out doing my laundry at mom and dad's I got a phone call from Dick's. They wanted me to start as soon as possible. So Monday I started work.

I've been building bikes for the opening and trying to get stuff set up. Its been a really really fast week. Especially with the frisbee tournament mixed in there.

The Harding Alumni team was amazing this weekend. It was great to hang out with all of the guys. And we played well. I didn't have my best showing but all in all I think it was ok for not playing competitive ultimate in two and a half years. Good stuff.

Paul "I'll let you know when we have a discount on damaged bikes" Murphy

7 Comments:

  • what are you talking about not a good showing? You did a great job. I am so glad that we had you to dominate the field.

    Also, congrats on your job.

    By Blogger Jethro, at 9/27/2008 7:11 PM  

  • Glad you found a job. Welcome to the world of retail :)

    By Blogger MSS, at 9/28/2008 1:33 PM  

  • Congrats on the job!! I would have been incredible to be with you guys at the tourney. Sorry I couldnt make it.

    By Blogger Justin and Heather Bland, at 9/28/2008 6:40 PM  

  • Schweet! I've been thinking about buying a bike.

    By Blogger DK, at 9/29/2008 1:53 PM  

  • Congratulations!

    By Blogger MichaelPolutta, at 9/30/2008 12:13 PM  

  • Paul,

    Congrats on the job.

    It was fun playing with you again—even if I still have bruises all over the back of my crappy hamstring from pulling it.

    Don't you think you should come to Searcy on November 15 for Armageddon and play on the Alumni team?

    1) You should be able to take a day off by then.
    2) It would be awesome to dominate the current team.

    Think about it.

    By Blogger Luke Dockery, at 10/02/2008 2:49 PM  

  • Girlfriend... check.
    apartment... check.
    job... check.

    What's next?

    By Blogger Philip, at 10/08/2008 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home