Stories of a Moron

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Jobs

Well its almost time for school to start and I still don't have a job. Which is ok. I mean, really, there's tons of stuff a B.A. in Social Science and a M.S.E. qualifies me for. Tons of stuff. Tons... of stuff. I just haven't found it. Its starting to get a little frustrating, but today I finally found a job I could excel at.

I was searching through the Discovery Channel's job listings. I was hoping to find something really cool like "Man vs. Wild terrain scout", "Shark week underwater photographer", "Deadliest Catch survival suit tester", or "Cash Cab question junkie." I didn't find those. What I did find was amazing.

As I scrolled through the job listings of sales and manager positions I found something I could dominate. The job title simply said "Preditor." Which I thought would be amazing. I would make a dominating preditor. I could kill lots of stuff. Maybe I'd get a chance to go Man vs Wild against Bear Grylls. Yeah, that's a job I could get into. Attacking stuff as a Preditor.

Unfortunately I was not blessed with an acute eye for spelling. Apparently "Preditor" and "Predator" are two different things. They weren't looking for a ferocious human being to attack stuff (which I'd have dominated) but someone to look at film and scripts before the real EDITOR, or the Pre-Editor. Stink.

Well that leaves me with a few more options. I can always work at Taco Bell. Or I could do something in the construction field. I'm not desperate yet. I mean I can alway find work as a male prostitute, which is disappointing as well. Apparently your still being hired by dudes.

Paul "'bout to go Thoreau on society" Murphy
I can eat squirrels

2 Comments:

  • It's okay to go Thoreau on society, but only if you don't write a self-important book about the experience afterwards.

    By Blogger Luke Dockery, at 8/13/2008 10:23 AM  

  • sorry Paul, I have restarted.

    Also, I am sorry to hear about your frustration. Why are you not in Beijing with American Somoa? You could have done that, won a medal or 8, and returned as a celebrity and done lots of commercials.

    By Blogger Jethro, at 8/19/2008 6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home