Stories of a Moron

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

...by the cover

Well things have been strolling along. My interview with Easly went well last week. Hopefully I'll get a call this week for a second interview. We'll see. If not I think I'll focus on working as a tower technician on cell and radio towers and stuff.

Josh, Mark, and I played our best ball at the Columbia Crown tournament. Solid passing, setting, hitting, and blocking all around. Unfortunately we were put out by the eventual winners in the Semi's. But we had a really good time.

Apparently Aimee contracted some weird virus and has been sick the last few months. I think its called Epstein-Barr virus. Ok ok, Aimee has mono. Good think we always keep a Bible in between us so we never actually touch each other.... I get this bad feeling that I may be the only teacher in high school with mono.

Ok so for the title. I was walking through the bookstore today looking for something worth reading. I always check out the really nerdy history stuff out first. More of the same. More Starkey, more McCullough. More people trying to revise history with subtitles like "The mass production of Hate." ehh.

After all of the sifting through history, philosophy, poetry, and religion, I moved to the back toward something mountaineering. On the way I stopped by nature. I found this book.


Now I'm no poisonous animal and plant expert but, that's not right. I realize the cover was probably not designed by the author, but still that's an egregious mistake. Apparently in an attempt to get a coral snake the book put in a picture of a king snake. King snakes aren't poisonous.

The whole thing just added to my disappointment in the book store today. On top of that they had 0 books on mountaineering. That may be my last trip to Books A Million.

Paul "I judge books by the cover" Murphy

3 Comments:

  • What's worse? Getting mono... or not getting mono? hmmm. I'm pretty sure it's a lose-lose situation.

    Maybe if Epstein-Barr sounds like a bad title, you could just call it herpes. That ought to impress people.

    By Blogger Philip, at 7/29/2008 8:03 PM  

  • P - you need to stop using redneck words as us kiwis can not understand what you are on about. What is mono? I thought for the last two years you have had mono....my mistake you were hanging out with Shaun so you were both suffering from duo. Anyways here is Jasons guide to getting around the whole bible in between thing and moving slightly closer to first base.
    During the sermon whisper to Aimee that your bible appears to be missing Ezekial 13 and you wonder if maybe the bible in between you might have it. She will then pick it up and start looking for it in the book of division. When she finds it she will probably nod or whisper something to you. You can then lean over to make sure she has the right chapter and book. Now the next part is a liitle tricky. Your face is going to get pretty close to hers at this point and you do not want to be overcome by some soapy or perfumy stench that comes along with girlies. My best advice is to avoid breathing through your nose at this point. Anyways, craftily avoiding her scent simply thank her very much for finding the verse and then give her a small peck on the cheek. Then return to your normal position of about 1 foot away.

    There you have it you are now about a third of the way along the first base line.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/30/2008 12:32 PM  

  • I'm surprised the Voice of Reason didn't refer to Songs of Solomon. Everyone KNOWS that's where the paydirt is at.

    Nothing sets the mood better than analogies of breasts to fawns; or noses to towers.

    By Blogger Philip, at 8/05/2008 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home