Stories of a Moron

Friday, May 16, 2008

Adventures from the past month

First I'll definitely be at PBC this year for all of those enquiring. I've got my stuff booked. Just in case I need it later its Pago - Honolulu 11:30pm - 5:30am HNL-LAS 3:00pm - 11:30 pm LAS-MIN-DET-Greenville 12:50am - 5:45 - 6:45 - 9:30 - 12:15pm
7 time zones 5 states 4 layovers 3 carriers 2 hemispheres for 1 super week.

So Gus the truck went down. It was a whole fiasco about a wheel bearing then not getting the right part, then getting it 3 weeks later and the starter being dead. Its in the mail, just in time to sell Gus the Truck. It's been a pain, probably most for Jaime and Philip as they have to drive Colt, Allison, and Me to school in the morning.

Luckily I've got Buffy, my sweet bike. Yes its a Huffy, but I took the stickers off so it looks cool. The bike's been getting me around the island for a year now whenever the truck dies. Its a good combo. If only it had A/C. It's treacherous sometimes, but still fun.

We live on a small mountain. The road is partially paved going up to the house to keep erosion down. Its steep and smooth which makes it AMAZING to ride down. But only the steep part is paved so once you get to the bottom erosion has taken its toll leaving a drop. My new favorite activity is flying down the hill at 30+ mph and flying off the paved part onto the loose volcanic soil and not dieing. It all started b/c my breaks don't work to well. But it still rocks.

Tonight's the schools Arts Festival. The high school is doing a Samoan dance, which is kind of lame b/c that's what they do most years and we live in Samoa. Maybe they should have done a line dance, or cool Russian dance. So I decided to add some "Flair." I decided we'd add "The Dirty Bird" to a part of the dance. For those of you not familiar with the famous ATL Falcons end zone dance here's the skinny.

The dirty bird was concocted by O.J. Santiago when he was with the Phil Eagles. He used it sparingly as an end zone celebration. When he moved to ATL he used it more and more as the Falcons had their spectacular 97(?) season. It caught on like quick and soon the rest of the team was doing The Dirty Bird with every TD all the way to the Super Bowl. So now my students have snuck it into their dance routine. It'll be hott. South Pacific Culture meet Southeast Culture.

Paul "The bike thing would have been better if I bit the dust and broke something" Murphy

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home