Stories of a Moron

Monday, August 25, 2008

Swindled

Today I had a list of things to do.

Get UPA waivers sent off. Check
Buy DC power inverter. Stole Dad's. Check
Mow lawn at the house. Check
Print off all 7 different versions of my resume. Check
Get ready to move to the woods. I'll be ready by tomorrow.

On my way home from errands I stopped for the 79 cent Dr. Pepper at the Circle K. But strange things were a foot at the Circle K. After I bought my DP I found a guy outside selling Peaches. I figured I'd buy some peaches from this farmer, as its really close to the end of the season. Last chance for fresh peaches for the whole year. So I spent $10 on a bag. But then I noticed something weird as I drove away. Something I hadn't seen driving up.

Now when I first drove up to the guy and his truck I didn't notice the huge mistake I was making. I thought about asking, but thought it might be rude. I should have considering it was the Exit 1 circle K. But as I drove away I saw he had a Georgia license plate. I just bought Georgia Peaches! Huge mistake.

Now for those of you who are thinking "Oh, Georgia Peaches. That sounds nice. Georgia is the Peach State, so what's the big deal?" I'll excuse your ignorance. Georgia is the Peach State, but that's like saying New York is the Friendly State, Hawaii is the Cold State, and California is the Sane State. Sure there are friendly people in New York, Snow on Kilawaia, and people who aren't out of there mind in Cali, but those aren't exactly the quintessential characteristics of those states.

South Carolina produces more peaches than Georgia and any other state. Why? Because South Carolina peaches are better. The look better, taste better, and are bigger. I live just south of the largest peach producing area in the US- Edgefield County, and somehow I've managed to buy Georgia Peaches. Stink. I'm so aggravated.

Paul "Noah's Wife?" Murphy

4 Comments:

  • NOOOOOO!!!!!

    Oh Paul, I'm so sorry that you're going to have to suffer eating peaches from The Impostor State.

    By Blogger Aimée Nicholson, at 8/25/2008 12:50 PM  

  • Dude!!! What's up? I miss ya, bro!

    That's interesting about the Georgia peaches. I'll have to try a South Carolina peach sometime.

    And by the way, no one from California is sane. Trust me.

    By Blogger Mr. Snyder, at 8/25/2008 8:04 PM  

  • Yeah, what's even funnier than that is Jeffrey and I went to an organic food store the other day (in Florida!) and then had a whole stand of nothing but....SOUTH CAROLINA peaches!!!!!!!!! YUM! YUM! YUM!!!!

    By Blogger Lauren-Michaele, at 8/30/2008 3:32 PM  

  • So the entire concept of the "Georgia Peach" is nothing more than a sham, a facade, a fake??? I feel like I've been lied to my entire life.

    Nevertheless, I thank you for the information.

    By Blogger Luke Dockery, at 9/05/2008 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home