Stories of a Moron

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Murphy-cheap Moving

So I haven't been blogging much. And the blogs I put up aren't of any real importance. I've been kind of down lately. I decided to move to Clemson, SC and help out with the Clemson college ministry. So I moved. I don't have a job yet and that's really stressful. I've been passed up for a lot of jobs this summer and it started taking its toll. My self-esteem has really suffered. But things are working out a little better now; I have an apartment. It's my first place to live by myself since freshman year of college. I didn't want it to be that way, its just the way things worked out.

So how do you furnish an apartment when you don't have a job? Easy, you go the Murphycheap route.

Entertainment Center- $0 stole Philip's old one
Mattress- $0 reclaimed my old one from the bunk bed
Microwave- $0 There are some good things about Philip and Jaime moving
Sofa and Loveseat $0 Its time for mom and dad to get new ones anyways
T.V. $0 Ganking Josh's one from college
Dishes $0 Thanks to Josh and Amber


I'm still considering a washer and dryer. I know of a pricey set, I'm just not sure I want to pay $0 for Jaime's old one.

I still really really really could use a job. Maybe I'll get that job as a custodian. Seriously.

Paul "Step out the boat" Murphy

5 Comments:

  • you should call your friends Daniel and Lauri

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/10/2008 12:02 PM  

  • u r 1 hr away

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/10/2008 1:57 PM  

  • Paul, I think that I have an old blanket somewhere, if you want that.

    I hope that things go well in Clemson

    By Blogger Jethro, at 9/10/2008 6:23 PM  

  • you are awesome! and it's pretty sweet you got a house full of stuff for the special murphy price. only you could. hope you're able to enjoy the honey coming down this weekend.

    By Blogger Paulo J, at 9/11/2008 4:43 AM  

  • Whit, if I loose the apartment and run out of money I'll be needing that blanket to furnish my box.

    By Blogger Paul Murphy, at 9/11/2008 11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home