Stories of a Moron

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Exhausted

Insert generic apology about not blogging here --->.

It's been busy since I started work 2 and a half weeks ago. Worse I came into worked exhausted from the ultimate tournament. Ever since I started I've been pulling down 50 hour weeks. I've had several scheduled days off but I all except for two of them I wound up working anyways. Conversations went like this:

My stressed manager: We've got a bunch more stuff to do, and a full truck coming in the morning when we only have four people working.

Me overhearing the conversation: I can be here at 6am.

MSManager: That's awesome.

So I've accumulated serious bonus points with the manager. Including one episode where I messed some stuff up the day before we opened (today). My manager was disappointing that it wasn't going to be perfect. I told him I'd stay as long as it took to fix. More bonus points.

Last week was REALLY busy and tiring. I worked 50 hours with one day off. So what do you do when you have a day off? Roadtrip to Nashville to see Aimee. I left Wednesday at 5:30 and crashed with Josh C. Aimee and I got to spend all day Thursday hanging out. Then around 11:00pm I left for home. I got here about 6am and was at work at 8am. A little tired but completely worth it.

Oh, I'd also like to start putting up a Dicks Deal of the Week on the blog. This is where I scour the store for good prices and post them.

Two Deals this week: 1. Diamondback Response '08 Mountain Bike- rock solid mtb with sweet gear discounted $80 to $319. The Response 09 is $399

2. Safari TT double jogging stroller- $40 down from $199. Also if you go to the Anderson store I only have the display model so you get an automatic 10% off.

Paul "Stoked to be dating Ms. Lexington 2002" Murphy

1 Comments:

  • Isn't Lexington a small town where thalidimide and other deformed people congregate?

    Let me know when you have a good deal on a Specialized Big Hit!

    Also, having a bit of an issue with staff here at the moment and would be interested in taking you on should you want to come back to the island. I can not pay as much as your previous employer but the working conditions are better. Could be that I could actually hire you and miss Lexington 2002 so you could save money on road trips.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/10/2008 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home