Stories of a Moron

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Story of the week

About two weeks ago we had a wonderful teacher meeting at school. Teacher meetings are these great times when teachers get together with the principal and get a run-down on what's going on. We also get to vote and make decisions on stuff. They truly are the spice of my tuesday workday. That statement is true as long as the spice is poop.

At our last teacher meeting it was decided that students and teachers could wear costumes on halloween. Wednesdays are usually uniform days. Then we were informed that teachers were encouraged to wear a costume.

First of all I'm not a big holiday person. Especially cheap cultural holidays like valentines day, halloween, and thanksgiving. I also don't like dressing up- at all. In fact I think the thing mother and I argued most about in high school was me putting on something that looked better. Personally I think flip-flops are perfectly appropriate for weddings. I definitely don't like dressing up for halloween, as I am no longer seven. My good buddy shuan was especially not happy with the new regulation. But we could both use some bonus points with the boss.

Tuesday afternoon I was in parent conferences from 2:34-8:00. It was a real kick in the pants. I got home and around 11 pm began looking for costume ideas on google. "Cheap halloween costumes" I believe was the search phrase. I found a great one. A person took a box and wrapped in wrapping paper. Then they stuck a label on it; To: Women From: God. Brilliant. So I cut and wrapped a paper towel box and labeled it. Brilliant!

The next morning I showed up to school and the students really enjoyed it. It's funny stuff. I walked across the street to the elementary buildings to show off my brilliantly ripped-off costume. I went into Shaun's room first. To my surprise Shaun had the same costume on. A little embarrassing for the both of us. Also a little strange. Now I know what girls feel like at prom.

Paul "Good valentines story next" Murphy

3 Comments:

  • Dude, I'll never forget that moment when you walked into my classroom wearing that box. It was hilarious, and priceless!

    By Blogger Mr. Snyder, at 11/04/2007 7:07 PM  

  • And I hid on-ranch on Halloween sleeping all day. No trick-or-treaters for us at the ranch...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/04/2007 8:23 PM  

  • They don't really celebrate Halloween here. The only people I saw dressed up were some drunken girls dressed up as trashy witches leaving a "coffeeshop" and a guy on a bike with barbed wire wrapped around his head, but it's Amsterdam so it's quite possible that neither of those had anything to do with halloween.

    By Blogger MSS, at 11/06/2007 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home