Stories of a Moron

Monday, October 15, 2007

Blog Stalking

We all do it. You know you do. There's that person's blog who is sometimes interesting and you like reading it. Never mind that you may have never met them or anyone that has a chance of remotely knowing them. You know you do it. And you never leave a message either because you know that what you're doing is a little creepy.

In fact there are probably at least 10 people who will read this who I don't really know. How do I know? I reverse blog stalk people with my statcounter. Yes it tells me where you're coming from and how often you decided to drop by. I would also like to take this time to thank my first visitors from Estonia and South Africa.

I am also going to take this occasion to ask people a favor. As we know Google is the most popular search engine. It also "owns" this blogspace. So whenever people Google something my sorry blog will come up if its slightly obscure. That being said please stop Googling my name, Paul Murphy, and the word "moron." I've now become the first hit for searches such as "Moron Paul." Ummm excellent I'm being cemented into internet fame-dom as a moron. Please just memorize the url or bookmark the page.

Mental note: quit putting people's names in my blogs. I don't think Ken appreciated my comments, among others.

So here are some blogs I've been stalking recently. They're quite interesting.

Dixon Kinser: Episcopalian

Holly from Charleston who worked at Gravatt this summer

Random Nashville writer

Three Girls in Kenya building a library. Stephen last I checked two of them were single so...

And somebody tell Aimee' Nichols0n to either stop stalking my blog or go to the ball field.

Why she so secretive about her blog anyways? I bet she just blogs about me. Weirdo.


Paul "every step you take, every vow you break..." Murphy

8 Comments:

  • Hmm...you need to read my paper about how Google-bombing works. You might have accidentally done this to yourself. How you are described in the anchor text of the relevant HTML code at other blogs helps push up in PageRank how your site is indexed. The only way out is to change the name of your blog, I fear.

    The African continent is pretty hard to get to from my location north of Area 51. With a change in air carrier in the area things are very tricky. It is not like I can travel much right now either...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/15/2007 6:30 PM  

  • was that really Ken that stopped by? I thought somebody else was pulling your leg.

    If so, he must really be into vanity searches.

    By Blogger Josh M, at 10/15/2007 7:46 PM  

  • Dude that was Ken

    By Blogger Paul Murphy, at 10/16/2007 1:23 PM  

  • Y, I'm with Josh. I thought that was a joke. Couldn't I just set up a new name as anything and then link it to a website?

    I dunno, maybe not.

    By Blogger Luke Dockery, at 10/16/2007 1:30 PM  

  • Was that a Scrantonicity band quote there?

    Also, doesn't 'google bomb' sound like a something you'd order off the side of an ice cream truck?

    Oh, and I too think Ken Young is into vanity searches.

    By Blogger Philip, at 10/16/2007 7:29 PM  

  • You made my day for that.


    Keep on stalking, my new friend.
    Keep on keeping on.

    -Allie, Dearest

    By Blogger Allie, Dearest, at 10/17/2007 10:28 AM  

  • Well, yeah.

    By Blogger Josh M, at 10/17/2007 6:47 PM  

  • Hi Paul. This is Teacher Friend's mom. I read your blog 'cause his has a link to it and he doesn't blog as often. I wouldn't have known about the wild dogs if I hadn't read your blog!

    By Blogger mommasnyd, at 10/22/2007 3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home