Stories of a Moron

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Job Search: part 1

I have one of the best opportunities anyone could possibly ask for. At the end of this school year my contract is up, and I get to do whatever I want. It's an almost overwhelming feeling. The possibilities are almost endless. Maybe I'll go dig up land mines in Afghanistan. Or maybe I'll go work on a cruise ship for a year traveling around the Caribbean to all of the great resorts. Ooooh tempting. Or maybe I'll go somewhere else and work with some other church. Who knows.

But then I start thinking about the things I miss most. It's a pretty long list and my mother is on it somewhere. Near the top of the list is Ultimate Frisbee. Bland says he considered himself a runner in highschool, I considered myself and avid Ultimate player in college. My last tournament I played 34 shutout points. My mark failed to score in every point I played. I miss it soooooo much. This weekend a bunch of guys are going to Memphis to play. Dockery, Burr, Lindsey, Brett Jordan, Jordan Walters, Sammer, Whitey, Whit, Stone, Will, Aaron Miller, and the infamous Landon Ganus. Looks like their short a handler : (. Or at least a short handler to sub in. I had a dream last night about disc. It was awesome. I miss frisbee.

My Jeep. I miss my jeep. Especially when my current truck struggles to start. I miss driving with the top down. I miss the way it turned into parking spaces. I miss how other people driving jeeps would always wave as if to say, "yah, its that good isn't it." I'd always wave back knowing exactly the feeling they were talking about. Driving a jeep is truly like nothing else. It's hott. And I miss it.

Volleyball. I miss good 3man outdoor ball. Playing with against Philip and Colt just isn't the same as swinging away with Sean Brown or Mark Grayson. But really I miss playing ball with Josh.

I miss great sermons by Aaron Hasten. No other preacher is quite as good.

I miss playing xbox with the guys

Its kind of strange. At the end of this school year I'll have the opportunity to go pretty much where ever I want. All I really want to do is go home.

Paul "Sorry Philip" Murphy

3 Comments:

  • Yeah, possibilities can be really something - but sometimes you can have too many to even be able to focus. Even though "home" is never quite the same as you remember - it can still be great. The important thing is knowing what it was that defined "home" for you and finding a way to establish that wherever you end up. (We wouldn't mind having you in SC again...and I'm sure your mom would be quite happy.)

    By Blogger renee, at 9/18/2007 4:21 PM  

  • Don't you have like 3 more years of eligibility? What's the problem?

    By Blogger Luke Dockery, at 9/20/2007 2:41 PM  

  • Dude I was always jealous of your Jeep. Honest.

    By Blogger Jeremiah Stoneburner, at 9/24/2007 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home