Stories of a Moron

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Fighting

I'm really fighting a post about our country imprisoning German citizens of Lebanese decent. uhhgg. Somebody needs to re-read the Constitution.

Anyway we don't come to the blog to hear about news, that's what news stations are for. We come to the blog to hear a dumb story, or maybe a story about a dummy, and to see Paul Murphy stick his foot in his mouth. So here we go.

My friend Michelle sent me a list of "Christian Pick-up lines." Its a long list. We should definitely add to the list.

So here on mine:

Are you a young widow? Cause you know what Paul says....

You want sit by me at Potluck/Dinner on the grounds?

Can I rest my arm on the pewback?

The blue song-book really brings out the color in your eyes

Yeah its small, but I like to keep the Oxford Annotated Bible at home

So how are you doing on that whole "women are saved through child bearing" thing?

Baby I'd write in the sand for you...

Hey sweet thang, you want turn the pages of my bible?

You know, I'd sit in the desert for seven days with you after childbirth.



Ok after that I've got nothing. Help me out here and post your bad Christian pick-up lines.

Paul "hey baby; me" Murphy

6 Comments:

  • Warning... I'm purely joking with hypothetical lines... I would never use these lines, nor would I condone the use of such lines. These are for entertainment value only.

    1. I'd marry your sister just to get in your family.

    2. Solomon took advice from me.

    3. Hi. The Holy Spirit told me to come over and talk to you.

    4. Jesus is my co-pilot... but I've got a spot in the back seat for you.

    5. Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego never saw anything as hot as you.

    6. What time do you have to be back in heaven?

    7. I may not be the most attractive Christian, but I'm the only one talking to you.

    8. Blessed are ye that giveth thou phone number to beggars and the needy. Book of _____. Chapter 1. Verse 2.

    9. My other house is a mansion, and my other car is a chariot.

    10. Let's role play... you be Rahab... I'll be some Jerichoninan with a shekel.

    By Blogger Philip, at 10/10/2007 1:07 AM  

  • I just about fell out my chair laughing on number 10, Philip.

    And I know someone who actually used a variation on number 3....and they eventually married the girl.

    And why does number 7 seem like something Paul would say...? j/k

    By Blogger MSS, at 10/10/2007 4:11 AM  

  • I've heard number 3 too - thankfully your brother wasn't the one saying it! :)

    The most despised worst pickup/get a second date line is "Could we pray together?" Hello - awkward! Plus, it makes you feel really guilty when you avoid their calls for the next week.

    By Blogger Amber, at 10/10/2007 1:25 PM  

  • And I thought the librarian pick-up lines were awful...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/10/2007 6:20 PM  

  • back seat... heh.

    By Blogger Josh M, at 10/10/2007 7:05 PM  

  • Thank you, on behalf of my entire office.

    Wow.
    Philip Murphy--number seven? Ouch.

    By Blogger Allie, Dearest, at 10/17/2007 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home