Stories of a Moron

Friday, May 11, 2007

Randomness

Well it's been a busy (Mozilla has spell check. It took me 4 times to spell that correctly) week, and apparently a little stressful. Today/Friday at school we have our Art's Festival. Now Paul Murphy is freaking brilliant, but an artist I am not. Anyway the costumes have been a pain. I've had to do way too much for my students. They don't realize that I don't really know what's going on. Worst is the festival is at night, so my Friday is pretty much shot...

I think it's important to celebrate certain anniversaries. Apparently so much I mentioned my own birthday on this blog and didn't really change it on Facebook, which I did to avoid random birthday wishes. Today was the 1300th day since Rachel and I went to Uncle Bob's BBQ in Searcy followed by a go-cart race. I won. I was going to break that streak tomorrow but there's the stupid arts festival. Dang-it, so close. I appreciate Philip pointing out the mail order brides. I joked once about that. I think the joke ended with Dementivia ending up getting stapled with a nail gun. She really would laugh for no one else.

Ok. I would also like to point out that one of my hero's, Doug Flutie, was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame. So here's my blog salute to the "...greatest football player of our generation"- John Madden.

The only non-Canadian ever inducted into the Canadian Sports Hall of Fame
Heisman winner 1984
Third in Heisman voting 1983
Won 32 Gray cup MVP awards (ok I made that up)
11th NFL all time passing yards
Oldest Player to rush for a TD
Was a scrappy player who did what it took to win games
Doug Flutie was known to throw blocks for his running backs
Sports Illustrated Comeback player of the year 1999

At almost 5'10" tall 180 lbs Doug Flutie took it to the man. When Pitt said he was too short he went and played for Boston. He later dominated Pitt. When the NFL said he wasn't tall enough he went to Canada and won several Gray cups; only to return and take the Buffalo Bills to the playoffs. And when the Bills replaced him with Doug Johnson and lost to the Tennessee Titans Flutie kept his composure. I still root against the Titans at any opportunity I get, freaking Music City Miracle. It was a FORWARD pass darnit. Oh and wait not only was he on the Wheaties box but it inspired him to use cereal to help children with autism. Thus Flutie Flakes and the Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation.

Paul "I've been looking for the Flutie Flakes" Murphy

Stephen,
I tried playing the video several times and it didn't work. Then I found the directions... I'm a little slow

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home