Stories of a Moron

Friday, April 27, 2007

More dumb stories


I don't like hospitals. I just don't think most things require a visit to the hospital. Now I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to going to the hospital, but its close. I just know that I'll be one of those people thats like, "Hey doc, I've had this think growing out of my _______ (skull) for the past three months. It really hurts and sometimes I black out."

Doc- That would be brain cancer.

Me- Oh. That sucks.


For thousands of years we haven't had hospitals and people survived lots of junk. Phineus Gage had a railroad spike through his head; no hospital. Andrew Jackson had at least one lead pistol ball in his body at the time of his presidency. William Wallace was shot by an arrow in the neck and still lead the Scotts. They didn't go to the hospital, things just worked themselves out.


I've been to the hospital three times in the past, oh, twenty years. Each time for stiches. There have probably several times that I should have gone. Like when I jacked my ankle and almost passed out/ threw up. Apparently you should go to the doctor and get casts for that sort of ankle sprain; not go play in volleyball tournaments two days later. Especailly if you can't run/jump. I just have an issue with Health Insurance in that 1. I'm not covered and 2. Why do I have to pay if I have insurance? Isn't that the purpose of Insurance? I HATE the small amounts of dealings I've had to do with health insurance. It seems that I always screw up and dad winds up on the phone with someone for six hours getting them to agree to cover the procedure, or the hospital tries to bill us forever for a procedure insurance is supposed to cover. I think I just will keep not going to the hospital that way I don't have to deal with the huge hassel that is the American Healthcare system.


Paul Murphy, American Samoa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home