Stories of a Moron

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Repeated sermons

There are alot of sermons that get repeated, especially around the Christian Hollidays such as Easter. Now personally I don't believe in the Bunny Rabit so there will be no festivities in my class this year. On the other hand there are some really bad Easter sermons out there. Now I'm sure they weren't bad the first time they were preached but they've gotten old. If I hear "It's Friday, but Sunday's coming" one more time I'm walking out of church and going to pick up trash on the side of the road.

I've decided instead of complaining about random junk that happens I will only write good things that happened in the first part of the blog. If you would like to see the not so good stuff read past where I write "Paul Murphy"

Good things that have happened recently.

We had a baptism on Sunday at church. That's pretty solid. I got to go to the far southwest corner of the U.S. where there was a great beach and even greater rock climbing. I'll have to take gear next time. We still have a good sized group of kids coming on Thursday nights for devotional. I think I'm going to start running in the morning. I got my name in the paper the other day, but it was because I had a student win the spelling bee they had an exerpt on her (who is your teacher?) I finally bought a comb/brush. I get Friday off.

I'm trying out the idea that how I view things is the only thing that affects my quality of life. We'll see how it goes. So I would like it to be known I'm thankful for all that.

I also would like to vent frustration with Mathew ch.7. It doesn't say ask and you'll recieve an answer; it says you'll recieve. I want that, so badly, to mean recieve what you asked for. I don't really know what it means. Anyway, I'd also like to point out 2 Cor. 12 8-10
8Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
A. Paul the Apostle who could heal people, remove demons, and heard the voice of the LORD didn't get what he asked for.
B. I don't delight in hardships, insults, persecutions, weakness, or difficulties. But I'll try.
It's Friday, but Sunday's coming (eventually)
Paul "I've got nothin'" Murphy
my truck broke, again. It won't start. Probably the starter, again. While broke down for a couple of hours it was broken into and my speakers and cd's got jacked. All my cd's. The whole truck thing is very depressing and I'm tired of dealing with it every other week. I almost forgot. I got it push-started for guys Tuesday night thing and when I got to KFC I realised all my oil had spewed all over the place. It is now in the KFC parking lot with a small puddle of oil underneath it.

4 Comments:

  • Happy Birthday PMurph! A toe touch with pom poms for you!;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/04/2007 6:34 AM  

  • As my mother used to say "hey idiot, get some more cream and rub it into my bunions, I think the puss filled one has just split".

    Why do I share this with you, well because I was born with no arms so I always had to hold the cream bottle in one foot, remove the cap with my other foot and then get the cream out with my tongue. I then had to lick the filthy bunions on my 350 pound mothers feet in order to apply it.

    I would have loved the opportunity to only worry about a temperamental car....instead I had mums bunions along with the inability to wipe my butt.

    Life is all about camera positions, maybe all you need to do to start enjoying things a bit more is to move from camera one to camera three.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/04/2007 12:34 PM  

  • Hey man! Don't let that car stuff get you down. I think cars were put on Earth to frustrate their owners. It'll all work out man.

    By the way, what day is your birthday?

    By Blogger Mr. Snyder, at 4/04/2007 9:02 PM  

  • A. I love how Jason makes fun of supidly disfigured people.
    B. Thanks for the early B-day shout-out. ;)
    C. Gus might fetch a pretty penny for scrap in Japan. If I went for a different vehicle it would be a bicycle. I'm not picking up ladies how it is so it wouldn't hurt in the "pimp" department like ussuall

    By Blogger Paul Murphy, at 4/05/2007 12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home