Stories of a Moron

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Famous Titles

Ersola Anders, Charles Schwise, and Catherine Denuire

Ehh. Well its nice to see Condi Rice reads my blog and decided to talk to some people about problems. Hey get this, Syria has been wanting to talk with us for a while. Who'd a thunk? Maybe if we put down our Power Politics more often and invited people to talk with us we could avoid a lot of pesky problems.

Sorry, no good stories like slidetackling my teamates at practice. It's been a slow week.
Today I stood at a funeral for two hours and twenty-nine minutes.

I think I've realised that my goal is to be the best at whatever. I'm already the best frisbee player on the island so I can check that off. Also nobody really plays so there aren't alot of opportunities to show it. Later this month softball will start and I'll get to show I'm the best push-hitter on island. The league is setup to see who gets to go to the south pacific games. I can't go but I can play in the league. I don't know what possition to play. Probably Center Field with the speed, but I eventually want to try my hand at second base. I think I could be a stud 2nd baseman. So hopefully I prove myself the best at either 2nd or midfield, and batting. I need to swing well. I will probably never be the best on the island at golf. Golf stinks. I think I'm the best distance runner on the island too. Once again there aren't any races only "walks." Come on will somebody please have a charity 10K or 10mile for all I care.


Paul "The pen is mightery..." Murphy

7 Comments:

  • Paul do not beat yourself up, you are the best at lots of things:
    - inability to get a date
    - Gingiest hair
    - attracting weird friends
    - losing weird friends
    The thing with being best is that it never lasts. I was the best 100m runner and long jumper in the world...fortunately I was born as black as midnight so I was predisposed with athletic ability. But now others have taken my mantle. I now spend my days smoking crack and pimping ho's. You see after being the best the fall was too hard for me to take. If I were you I would just keep on being less than mediochre at things...that way you will never have to far to fall and life will be easy for you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/03/2007 7:19 PM  

  • way to pull out some celebrity jeopardy quotes. i actually watched some of those the other day just for the fun of it. good times. i'll always remember the correct answer you inadvertently gave at camp...quite possibly one of the funniest things I ever witnessed.

    By Blogger Sam Travaglini, at 3/03/2007 8:36 PM  

  • I'm pretty sure you're at least one of the Top 10 dog killers on the island... although Carl Lewis may be tough to beat. Too bad that's not an Olympic sport. Whatever happened to the modern day pentathalon aspirations?

    On another note, I'll have "Therapists" for $200, Alex. And I've always thought Sam's blog should be entitled, the classic category of "Japan US Relations."

    By Blogger Philip, at 3/05/2007 1:37 PM  

  • Therapy for $200. I am a Ging that is down on life but all I need is the therapy that can be found in the arms of a 250 pound local lass.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/06/2007 1:16 AM  

  • actually carl lewis you, of all people, should know that you never actually set a world record in the long jump. It is definitely a point to be argued because there has been one of three athletes to win the same individual event in 4 different olympics, which you did in the long jump (84, 88, 92, 96). The problem is that the 68 olympics really put the record out of reach for anyone in the next quarter century, until you and Mike Powell faced off in the 91 world championships in tokyo when you put together the best performance in long jump history (with all four jumps over 28.9 feet and a wind aided world record), but fell short of the record that Powell broke that day, sorry buddy. that record still stands today: 29' 4.32"

    The question is: what makes a man the best at something? the record or consistency?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/06/2007 2:04 PM  

  • I am quite good at attracting friends, and I have the best hair on the island hands down.

    Where are we now? Right now just right down where we are.

    a: In DooRs

    By Blogger Paul Murphy, at 3/06/2007 2:49 PM  

  • Hey P Murph! When I was forced to upgrade to the new blogger my Stat counter quit working. What do I do to fix it?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/07/2007 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home