Stories of a Moron

Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

So last time I tried to post it didn't. But that may be for the better. This week has once again been in stride with the rest of life. No big stories or anything like that. I am beginning to look forward to camp in June. Jaime might have gotten me a spot on a softball team. Its a fastpitch league so it'll be different, but it doesn't start until march. I have managed to make this past week unexiting. Except for Tuesday night, but that was bad exciting not haha exciting.

I have decided that the only way to win a good war is through the use of "Total Warfare." I did a paper on it in an ethics class once. It's basically the idea that in war nothing is off limits, well most stuff isn't off limits. Lets look at some of the good ole US of A's greatest victories in war. WWII, where we destroyed millions of civilians lives in both Germany and Japan. And the two nuclear weapons we used only accounted for about 1/10th of the destruction in Japan. It was a no-holds-bar war. I think if the British had employed this tactic during the American Revolution (as they did in Ireland and South Africa (SA was bad, like concentration camp bad)) they could have definitely won. I thinks that's the problems with the past few wars the US has engaged in, their are no battle-lines. When there are no battle lines, history dictates, you go all out or don't go at all. It's easy to topple governments when the citizens don't like it (eg Panama) but it really complicates things when the citizens don't have anyone they want to take over and start disliking you (Vietnam). I think at some point your problems should become your problems. Granted I am not a huge fan of just pulling out and leaving a complete power vacuum (Belgian Congo). I think our job in Iraq may be done. The problems of that country were just unmasked after we dethroned their dictator, they can sort this out themselves. I guess Stephen Lamb was right, democracy doesn't neccisarily work when you have a multi-religious constituency and their is no seperation of spiritual and political authority.

I think the President had every right to invade Iraq. He said he would not put up with terrorist or countries that supported them (eg Iraq and Afgahnistan). After someone has been in control of a country for a really long time it's kinda hard to find someone to replace them that people won't fight over. I also believe that if I were confronted with the same information I would have made the same choice, or maybe just had some people "knocked off." I don't hear anyone complaining about our invasion of Afgahnistan, and we didn't even think they had nuclear weapons. The difference becomes who is with you (politics). The countries around "the Stan" helped out with the rebuilding and whatnot. We don't see the same picture in Iraq.

Wednesday- Why we should send GE over to Iran to help out their nuclear program


Paul "why can't we be friends" Murphy


Oh I sorta got removed from my job next year. That's right, there's a good chance I won't be teaching 5th and 6th next year at PHS. I'm getting latterally promoted (moved) to the HS to teach math, history, and some electives. If anyone has a good idea for an elective drop me a line.

8 Comments:

  • ooooo the possiblities for electives are really endless. I think your best bet would be "Interpretive dance" with a special focus on Enya. I think I'd actually pay to see you teach a course on Modern Art.

    I asked my roommates and this is the list we came up with.
    1.Underwater Basket Weaving
    2.Baking for Dummies (or No, Stupid Ex-lax is not really supposed in brownies)
    3. What Not To Wear: A survey of fashion does and don'ts.
    4.Exotic Flower arranging
    5. How to Lose a Girl in 10 days (0r less)

    By Blogger MSS, at 2/25/2007 10:33 PM  

  • Ahh I having been waiting for some American to step out of line and come up with the most ridiculous comment ever. I have scanned 3 zillion web pages and finally come across yours. Cogratulations you are the recipient for the I have my head wedged so far up my backy I am now not getting enough oxygen to the brain award.

    I think our job in Iraq is done????

    What exactly was the US's purpose? Surely you can not know if you have done the job unless you have an idea of what that job is. To me, a poor humble shiite from acchspitsa, you GI hill billies (I figure that is two words - hill meaning big lump and billies meaning more than one william) are so intent on saving the world that you have lost sight of what parts need saving and in fact what saving actualy is. Over here in the heat us sang n#ggers were getting prett hacked off...always getting bombed by GI and GM wanting all of OUR oil to run their over sized gas guzzlers. To get a bit of retribution for the thousands of lives you have taken we decided to pay a little visit...unannounced...in a couple of jumbo jets. We did not worry about landing and instead went straight to the hotel. Anyways, this seemed to have stirred something in the big lump williams and next thing we know the US is sending troops to every backwater on earth. It seems the only criteria that was set was "does the country have sand" and "can we kill woman and children without getting too many people upset".

    Well congratultions, mission accomplished.....god bless America!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/25/2007 10:57 PM  

  • hello bin,

    thanks for commenting. Actually you are right about the US's criteria for invasion: A) is there sand B) can we kill women and children without getting people upset. You're right, thats what it is. We no longer concern ourselves with justice or freedom or anything that stupid. We were actually going to invade Canada a few years back, but there wasnt enough sand.

    You probably heard our government plans through our media, since we are so starved for entertainment our media just tells our secret plans to everyone.

    What I didnt know was that you knew that Paul could solve all the world's problems. Thats why you came to him to complain, brilliant. He does have significant connections in the government so I am sure he will get right on that.

    Oh, next time you or your buddies come, let us know so we can throw a big party...no reason to come unannounced.

    Overall though, a good post...you just want to get people riled up, i personally think its funny.

    Paul, btw, I dont feel like having someone ram a jumbo jet into my house since this individual seems a bit touchy, so I will just be anonymous here: I am an old man and I like playing frisbee.

    PS you should teach ultimate frisbee as an elective.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/26/2007 10:01 AM  

  • Michelle, thanks for the suggestion. Some of these guys already do #5 all too well. Interpretive dance might work. Bin: you're just jealous you don't have a real army in NZ. How bout you quit reading my blog and get me some insurance?
    Jeremy- I think Gamecockology would be better for the fall. The rest I believe I am well qualified for and will be submitted for further review.

    By Blogger Paul Murphy, at 2/26/2007 3:19 PM  

  • Hey man. I kinda like the idea about the ultimate frisbee class. If not, though, you should teach stripping. I'm sure some of those kids will do that some day :)

    By Blogger Mr. Snyder, at 2/26/2007 3:31 PM  

  • So does that mean yall are coming to camp?Or just you? My little brother and mother-in-law (maybe) are coming. We'll be there:) Oh, and I would fully support you teaching a "How to eat a moth" class as an elective:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/26/2007 10:38 PM  

  • The 11th commandment: Paul Shalt not Strip.

    Thus sayth the Lord.

    Amen.

    By Blogger MSS, at 2/26/2007 10:41 PM  

  • For some serious elective ideas--can you do a church history/history of Christianity class where you are? I've always wanted to teach one. My class is 20th-century US history taught backwards. That would be a good one. I would also love to do a "history through the movies" class, especially war movies.

    By Blogger Coach Sal, at 3/05/2007 6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home