Stories of a Moron

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Here's an old email I sent about a year ago
Well I guess that's two years ago

Its kinda like frisbee
There are times in a frisbee game where the disc has been thrown too far in front of you, but still possibly within your reach.
There is a decision you have to make whether to go after it or not

The Lay-Out.
The lay-out is a quagmire. If you go for it (dive that is) you open yourself for vulnerability. The result can be pain, and lots of it. Landing hurts. But there is an exchange. I always knew that if I caught the disc the sensation of accomplishment and glory would far outweigh any pain. I never felt pain when I went for a lay-out and caught the disc, only the sensation of glory. I felt pain lots of times when I came up empty handed. But pain always went away with time.

A good thought on not just disc but life. There are always indefinites and possibilities open in life. You ussually have the options of either keeping what you have and maintaning the status quo (I hate latin in english) or going for something possibly better. One of my problems is though (Warning: bad TV gameshow analogy) I may have a new dinet set I want to know what's behind door #3.

Here's the email that followed

I guess if all my days of B-team frisbee captain have taught me anything its that
"If you put your effort and concentration into playing to your potential, to be the best that you can be; I don't care what thescoreboard says at the end of the game, in my book we're gonna bewinners."
B-team 5-11 record, but we were still winners

There will always ALWAYS be times whe you put yourself, your time, and anything else on the line. Sometimes it won't work. Lots of times it doesn't work. You have to pick yourself back up regroup and keep going, waiting for the next opportunity to take a high-stakes risk.


Paul "Best Hustle 2006" Murphy


I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
-Thomas Alva Edison

I think I'll name a dog Alva

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home