Stories of a Moron

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

...where will we land

First of all this is a useless post. Mainly I plan on getting my puss-filled scab off the front page. You never know when company might drop in :). Secondly I feel that since my slack engaged brother doesn't post jack that I should pick up the slack.

Before I had this crummy blog I use to just send e-mails to people. That way they didn't have to check for updates, they just got them. Also i got to choose who saw my infected scabs and whatnot. So todays blog comes from another email.

American consumerism continues to fascinate me. We like to think our lives are fast-paced and that we don't have time ot waste, and yet we spend forty trillion hours watching tv. I may not have time to open a can of soup manually so I bought an electric can-opener but don't ask me to do anything next sunday evening because its gonna be the season finale of desperate housewives (remember this is two years old). I've always wodnered how some of these dumb products make it onto tv and do people actually buy them? But then...
I was making myself some chocolate milk yesterday and somebody had bought the chocolate syrup in a can instead of the squese bottle. Besides that its much harder to drink directly from the can it takes a lot longer to pour the syrup. Then I thought, "somebody should make a device to hold the can of syrup so I can go do other things (like not work on my house (which still needs to be finished (I think I'll spend next summer doing that)))." Thats when I realized why people try to sell a pot that has a collinder lid attachment. As if I don't have the time to get the collinder out, put it in the sink and pour my spaghetti into it.

(then some stuff about working on the house and church personality tests blah blah blah...)

It was also in this email that I determined I couldn't have a relationship until I finished my crummy house. I have a house by the way. It just needs a lot of work. Still. It does make sense that the last "relationship" I had was before we bought the house.
(continued)

And thats when I realized that I already have a bad relationship, its called (the House) stupid house. Does that mean that when I finish the house I can have a bad relationship? New pickup line for fall semester- I don't have a house. The old one never worked anyway. Maybe I should have been hitting on 35 year old divorced women and that one might have worked (old pickup line: Hey, I have a house. It sucked). "Hey did you hear Phil Collins is coming out with some new stuff." At least they might appreciate my future "Air Supply" tatu. That or "Ah-Ha can Take on Me"
I digress. And maybe end

We're talking away
I don't know what I'm to say
I'll say it anyway
Today's another day to find you
Shyning away
I'll be coming for your love, OK?

Take on me, take me on
I'll be gone
In a day or two

Paul Murphy
I can still hit the two, but not as well as Shuan Snyder.
I appologize for the waste of time that this email was
Maybe you should have bought an electric canopener to streamline your life to give you more time.

4 Comments:

  • what? you're in a relationship? well, that'd make one of us.

    By Blogger Paulo J, at 4/17/2007 4:50 PM  

  • With a house...

    By Blogger Paul Murphy, at 4/17/2007 8:56 PM  

  • Yall still have that house! Oh My. But thanks for the laugh anyways;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/17/2007 10:03 PM  

  • We buy electric can-openers because we waste all our time on the Internet reading blogs. Already your post has cost me 5 to 10 minutes of folding laundry. Maybe if I had an automatic clothing folder...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/18/2007 12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home