Stories of a Moron

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The Sweet Bike

As we all know Gus (the stinking truck that makes me want to cus) isn't the most reliable source of transportation. A few weeks ago I was out on Saturday (riding the sweet bus) and decided I would go buy a bike at Ace Hardware. Unfortunately Ace is not the place because they close at 12:00 on Saturday. So I didn't get my bike. Luckily the Rents got me one for my birthday via Ace. Its a sweet 18 speed Huffy.

I immediately began making the bike my own buy moddifying it. I first removed all of the stickers and decals. Especially the ones that said "where a helmet" and junk like that. I did leave one of the decals so it didn't look totally spartan. I adujusted the handelbars and tightened some things up. This is now my fourth bike I've taken to the streets in two and a half years. Two of the others are toast. One died in a marvelous explosion of parts when I took the 1980's street bike on a steep turn in the parking lot of the old married apartments. I too participated in that event of explosion. Another one was an older nice bike that I spent lots of lifeguarding dough fixing up. It never worked well and I lost some pieces in a night ride. That leaves my sweet yellow bike at home and my sweet Huffy bike here on the island.

Bikes are like cars. You can have a corvette but if you never take it out of the parking lot who cares? But if you take that old Datsun and drive it like you stole it, now that's hot.

Paul "Easy Rider" Murphy

6 Comments:

  • P Murph, you should take your bike and get into some Iron Man training since it's so close to you. You could totally do it & school a bunch of people!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/02/2007 11:13 PM  

  • 2.4 miles swimming, 112 miles cycling, 26.2 miles running...in under 16 hours without dying. Have fun.

    If you get real good at that, try doing it for two:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gm7XwtIJdM&mode=related&search=

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/03/2007 12:32 PM  

  • 112 miles cycling? I had thought it was just 110.

    In that case, count me out.

    By Blogger Luke Dockery, at 5/03/2007 3:31 PM  

  • remember the mulato auto & doing donuts in the church parking lot along with all other kinds of things one really shouldn't go in a nissan sentra? oh yeah, and that part about you riding, rather forcibly, in the trunk. lol

    By Blogger Paulo J, at 5/03/2007 3:37 PM  

  • It smelled like rubber and dead snakes back there. Oh that's another thing that should have gone on the Things I did to Mark list
    2000- Hid a dead snake next to a tree and yelled when he steped next to it. At night

    I know I can do each of the events idividually in under 16 hours...

    By Blogger Paul Murphy, at 5/03/2007 4:15 PM  

  • This is great info to know.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/10/2008 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home