Stories of a Moron

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Blog issues

So I've been thinking about this whole blogging revolution going on. And honestly, why does Paul Murphy keep a blog? I've noticed that tons of people start a blog then quit, why? And who the reads this sorry blog anyway?

1. Who reads this blog anyway? Well about 30 people every day check the ole' blog. Most of the reader come from the US with a American Samoa coming in second and a few from New Zealand and somebody from Turkey (who could it be???). Oh and a Canadian!? Fair enough. Most of the hits come from a Georgia (30). Second is Arkansas (10) and New Jersey (10). There are a few places where I can pretty much tell who is visiting, like Jeremy Stoneburner from Ohio, SMK in Ely Nevada, or cousin David and Katie in Hawaii. Some are a little trickier like the hits I get from Texas. Sometimes from Austin sometimes from Plano and other places. Then there are the hits that scare me a little. Like the Bosier City, LA that's been coming for a while. Or Mountain Laurel, NJ. Blackville, SC and Hendersonville, TN also are a little strange. I'm not sure I know anyone in a lot of these places, but your welcome to drop by anytime.

2. Why do people quit blogging? Because they stink. I don't really know, I guess because of the lack of feedback or something. It is sad when you go to some blogs (caugh: Brett Morris) and see that only his wife and mother ever comment. I enjoy new people commenting, that way I don't have to always read Jason's anonymous notes.

3. Why the blog? This blog doesn't really add any credibility or cool points to Paul Murphy. In fact it probably make everyone realize what an idiot he is and that he spells at a fourth grade level. Also the blog lets me "interact" with friends. Another good reason for the blog is it lets me vent and work out issues. The problem, and reason for the entire post, is that some major issues I'd like to think out can't go on the blog. Today I had an issue become more clear and pressing. Now I could hop on here and say _______, but then I sound like I'm complaining. I also might come across as needy, and I don't like needy. I'm more of the Simon and Garfunkel "I am a rock" idea. I like the idea of being completely self-sufficient, which I hopefully will be in another two years. It sucks not being able to take care of yourself. I've got a lot of what I'll call collectible assets out. Ie my house, the jeep, and rent. Basically stuff people are covering for me. It makes me think about the prudence (insert Dana Carvey impersenation of G. Bush) taking a low paying job out of college that puts me below the poverty line. After the whole thing I've found myself between a rock and a hard place.

Paul "They flipped the Negative" Murphy
Yah I thought something was wrong with the picture and yes they did flip the negative.

6 Comments:

  • Hi, I'm a reader of your blog from New Zealand, I'm a palagi but my wife is from Am. Samoa. I regularly peruse about half a dozen blogs out of Am.Sam. as they often have interesting stuff and observations, amusing or otherwise, about Am.Sam. (i.e rats in pizza hut or feral dogs).
    I hope you don't mind me, a stranger, reading your blog, but I'd like to thank you for it... It's great!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/29/2007 4:25 AM  

  • Hey, I just like to read other people's blogs because A) I'm nosy, B) I love to read just about anything, C) It lets me "vent", and D) I love the opportunity to practice the sarcasm my brother and I perfected. Oh and E) I'm trying to hold off old age as long as possible so I have to keep trying new things.

    By Blogger renee, at 4/29/2007 3:26 PM  

  • I'm one of the few people locally who understands what a blog is...let alone reads one! :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/29/2007 5:45 PM  

  • I like to read your blog because I want to hear all about the events that lead you to that future Darwin Award nomination.

    By Blogger MSS, at 4/29/2007 8:14 PM  

  • I like to read your blog because you're just that much of a stud hun;) And hey, my blog sucks WAY worse than yours & the same people always comment on my blog so don't single out poor Brett too much;) (oh and I totally apologize for being a complete dirtbag and getting your birthday wrong. I deserve egg in the face for that;))

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/29/2007 9:38 PM  

  • You might be stuck between a rock and a hard place, but unlike Aaron Ralston you wont have to saw your own arm off with a dull pocket knife to get out of the situation...whew.

    (yeah i thought something was wrong with the pic...glad you caught it).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/03/2007 11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home