Stories of a Moron

Friday, May 04, 2007

A Rose by any other name...


About a year ago my good friend Kevin Burr alerted me about a BBC news story. I'm not kidding on this one. Burr and I died laughing for the next month or two every time we mentioned the article.


Basically a man in Juba, Sudan was caught having "relations" with another man's goat. "What are you doing there?" Instead of taking the man to the cops the animal offender was taken to the local council. The council ensisted that the goater pay the owner a dowry because he took the goat as his wife. Which is lucky because goats don't live past about 15 years old. In South Carolina he would have been sent to jail for statutory for about 12 years.


Apparently the goat was later named "Rose." Bad news folks, Rose the abused goat passed away a few days ago. Apparently she ate a plastic sack at a local landfill and choaked to death. I will now skip over any joke that could be made from the last sentence and offer you the link.




Paul "Libel" Murphy

5 Comments:

  • I thought my uncle was joking when he brought that story up last night!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/04/2007 6:17 AM  

  • First... what kind of dinner conversation is Stephen enduring?

    Second... 17 will get you 10. I swear I had to learn that for the SC Bar Exam.

    By Blogger Philip, at 5/04/2007 12:30 PM  

  • I saw the story yesterday on the BBc website. It was sadly a major headline on the Africa page, although I have to give some props to the Sudanese government for creativity.

    By Blogger MSS, at 5/04/2007 12:33 PM  

  • I am not one to offer inane, inappropriate advice but you have not had a date for a while and you could do a lot worse than dating a goat. Just think of it, if it went all the way to marriage you could wake up to a really fresh glass of milk each day and an endless supply of Feta at your finger tips. Also, it seems that you are not adverse to dating outside your species a Phillip has informed me that you have dated a warthog and a hairy backed babboon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/04/2007 7:47 PM  

  • at least all he had to do was pay a dowry instead of having his, um, you know, cut off.

    By Blogger Paulo J, at 5/08/2007 5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home