Stories of a Moron

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Boxing

In college I use to watch a little wednesday night boxing or foxsports friday night fights. It was always small fights and rarely any good boxers. It was cheap programming. Growing up I remember mom never let us watch boxing or wrestling. Thank goodness b/c WWF WCW WEW or whatever are all overrated and basically gay. Who dresses up in tights, trash talks, then open-hand slaps their opponent. I'm not saying it doesn't take skill; I'm just saying its scripted and fake. It probably resembles ballet more than any sprot I can think of, especially not real wrestling. I also think that boxing was created by a gay person. C'mon, two guys in silk shorts compete for a purse (not original).

Anywho, I was offered the opportunity by my favorite Kiwi Heckler to help judge the Last Man Standing competition the other night. Now, this was a little different b/c they needed a big turnout so they offered something special. In order not to go into complete depth as to some of the "cultural irregularities" on the island I'll say this. There are some homosexuals on the island. They have a name, faafafige. They are ussually the base for a good number of jokes. So the promoter of the fight decided to have a Last Faafafige standing fights as well. And I, Paul Murphy, was to help judge all of the fights. Now I don't know all that much about how to score a boxing match but it was 10 point must and all I had to do was fill out score cards and tally up the totals. Easy cheesy. It did give me the opportunity to see two gay guys duke it out in the ring for free. I must say I did feel a little bad about the whole ordeal. I'm not sure it's right to use strage people, like dwarfs, to draw a crowd. Though I think if someone paid me to box in a palagi vs. samoan I'd jump at the chance for extra dough and a bit of the spotlight.

aight not so great of a post.
Lets see if I can get a good picture.
aight this blog stinks
Paul "Blue Corner" Murphy

12 Comments:

  • Notice my wording is awefull

    By Blogger Paul Murphy, at 5/07/2007 12:33 AM  

  • Fafafine boxing? Do most of your readers understand how big such guys are? I would presume you would need insurance for industrial hazards with an event like that, no?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/07/2007 5:56 AM  

  • Sad thing is that even bruised and bloodied Fafa's still pull more dates than Paul.
    Has anyone got a Moldolvan Bride Catalogue that they could maybe send him? It has to be one with the different expectation categories e.g. Lucinda is a goat herder from North Western Moldolva. She lives with her Mother, Father and 11 brothers and sisters in a single room thatched hut. She is looking for anything and would even consider a poor teacher who lives with his brothers family and has to push start his car.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/07/2007 12:17 PM  

  • Wow, when you say it like that my life does sound pretty pathetic.

    Unfortunately the faafa's weren't the large variety. They were more of the petite style.

    By Blogger Paul Murphy, at 5/07/2007 1:19 PM  

  • Hey Paul, do you remember when you helped me make that video for my brother Adam? Is it time for me to make one for you? Just kidding...most of those girls were underage anyway.

    In all seriousness Married with children is probably just jealous because you managed to actually step out of the box and do something interesting with your life.

    By Blogger MSS, at 5/07/2007 4:29 PM  

  • Hang in there Paul. MOney is definitely all its cracked upto be...once you have the basics the rest is just icing on the cake...and often not nearly as appreciated as it ought to be. As for the dates, hang in there - Adam's several years older and we're still holding out hope for him.

    By Blogger renee, at 5/07/2007 5:21 PM  

  • Mom...so money IS all it's cracked up to be?

    Paul, I hope that your students don't read your blog. I think they might be a bit disturbed (general note, not specifically because of this post)

    By Blogger MSS, at 5/07/2007 6:54 PM  

  • Jason just like to heckel. He's a pretty solid guy and world traveler. He gives me dating advice on how to pick up "brown" women too.

    By Blogger Paul Murphy, at 5/07/2007 8:41 PM  

  • Ok, thanks for the clarification. I thought it was still that crazy woman from earlier.

    By Blogger MSS, at 5/08/2007 7:52 AM  

  • I meant - Money is NOT all it's cracked up to be. ON the other hand - a little money is necessary if you're going to look into the Moldavian Bride purchase. Just don't get the used goat bride! (Uck!)

    By Blogger renee, at 5/08/2007 6:19 PM  

  • Petite fafafine boxing? Alrighty then...I doubt that that could end up good even if you had the infamous Rick James anthem of Superfreak playing.

    It sounds like you need a vacation. You can always come visit the ranch if you wanted...I could use the company! Besides, you might find this mining town interesting.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/08/2007 8:43 PM  

  • www.mailorderbrides.com

    Apparently Svetlana only has three hairy moles, and one good leg, but her English spelling is about on par with yours.

    The bad news, they require up front payment... and I highly doubt Paypal would refund your money if the bride was damaged or did not match the item description.

    By Blogger Philip, at 5/10/2007 7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home