Stories of a Moron

Saturday, May 19, 2007

My ride

Interesting conversation of the week

Philip: Man its kind of cold today
Me: Yah, it must be around 82 degrees

So it was misty and kinda cold today. I decided I'd ride my bike to Pago and back. As the crow flies it would have only been about a 15 mile ride. Unfortunately I can't fly over mt. montafao. So The entire ride was about 35 miles. It included a try at going up to Fagasa Pass (800ft). The climb was nasty steep. 200ft from the top I realized that I wouldn't be able to actually ride my bike back down b/c my brakes weren't tight and they were quite wet from the rain. One attempted ended with me plowing into somebodies yard.

I did manage to pass a few cars. I also learned to pass busses on the left, otherwise they turn into parking lots while your passing. Not good. It was a good ride. I think I'll have Philip drop me off on one end of the island and pick me up at the other. 14mi as the crow flies. Probably 50 by the time everythings done.

I also rediscovered the best energy drink ever. I remember looking in Wal-Mart for awhile searching for a high-carb energy drink to take to tournaments. Health freaks have taken over so now they only have high-protien low-carb stuff. But I need carbs. The answer: Hersey Cookie and Cream Shake. Its like a meal in a drink. Two should set you for at least half a day. But watch out for the fat and saturated fat. The cholestorol also happens to be pretty beafy. So make sure you go and run around after drinking one.

I think my last post set a record for lack of comments.

Paul "I'm not Lance" Murphy

3 Comments:

  • P Murph those things are sooo bad for you! Check out some cytomax or something but stay away from crud like that cookies & whatever crapola!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/20/2007 1:25 AM  

  • Oh but they taste sooooooo good!

    By Blogger MSS, at 5/20/2007 6:15 AM  

  • btw, (on your last entry) there was nothing else to say after my comment. Lets be honest, I'm a tough act to follow! :)

    Be Strong and Courageous

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/22/2007 12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home