Stories of a Moron

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Dan's Car

I was just reminded of a hilarious Paul Murphy story.

So when I was going to college and living at 1106 E. Center street I would drive the shaggin' waggon to school every day. It was a cool house and I a really cool group of people to hang with. Had it not been for Peter Miller inviting Josh to live in that house I would have never met guys like Thomas K, Stoner, Jimmy Hinton, Jody M., and tons of other great people. Anyway...

On my morning commute to school I passed a house that some of my other friends lived in. They called it the "Party House." One of the guys drove this sweet old 70's car that stayed parked in the driveway. Another eccentricity of their house was they had a perpetual puddle on the road. Everyone just referred to it as "the puddle." Considering it was almost always raining in Arkansas while we were in school, there was also always a puddle on the road outside their house.

Now some cars would slow down on large puddle days when there was oncoming traffic, but not me and the shaggin' waggon. Every morning I would speed up after a stop sign in order to hit the puddle as fast as possible. I would careen into the puddle at 40, 50, and sometimes 60 mph in order to splash Dan's car that sat helplessly in the driveway. Every morning I got a good kick out of it.

Paul "the jerk" Murphy

2 Comments:

  • The party house had another name but I can't for the life of me remember it. Tanner always hated it. You forgot to mention the pink flamingo too;) That was my favorite!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/25/2007 1:35 AM  

  • I totally just remembered..it was Pimberly. Tanner always wanted to call it the White Mannor though. I never did get that one. It was DEF. an interesting place to hang out. Dan kept that car for a while but he ended up getting rid of it about a year ago or so I do believe.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/25/2007 1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home