Stories of a Moron

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Famous People on Rejection and Failure

Mother Teresa- Keep in mind that our community is not composed of those who are already saints, but of those who are trying to become saints. Therefore let us be extremely patient with each other's faults and failures.

Michael Jordan- I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.

Thomas Edison- I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Robert F. Kennedy- Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly


I'm tired of failure and rejection. In the last year or so I've been turned down for jobs as a Wal-Mart floor sweeper, college janitor, construction worker, DSS social worker, car washer, baggage handler, roto-router man, and lots more. I've been turned down to shovel crap, clean gum off the floor, and wash cars. I'm tired of this junk.

So here's my new plan. I'm only going to apply for jobs that are too good for me. That way when I get rejected I can at least feel good about it. I'm sick and tired of getting passed over for jobs that I'm over-qualified for. From now on I'm getting rejected for jobs I should be rejected for.

Paul "1st job application will be to Michael Jordan to go 1 on 1 and win" Murphy

1 Comments:

  • It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

    -Teddy Roosevelt


    Paul, CONTINUE to Be in the Arena!

    By Blogger Justin and Heather Bland, at 3/11/2009 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home