Stories of a Moron

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Free

Today I woke up early. It takes a lot to get Paul Murphy out of bed by 7:00am. My alarm clock went off at 6:30. Sheesh, nobody cares how I'm going to smell at 7 in the morning. I'll just snooze past shower time. So I did.

By 7:05 I knew I was pushing it. People would be waiting for me in the BiLo parking lot at 7:15. But seriously, when have a college minister, pulpit minister, and college student ever been on time for anything. So I'll take a little more time. Surely I don't need to brush my teeth either.

7:08. Alright it time to get out of bed and get out the door. I'll put on some shower in a bottle (deodorant (took me 8 times to spell that right)) and some pants. I better put on something other than sweats. So I threw on some khakis and shirt.

7:10. It's cold outside. In fact the rain from yesterday froze my door shut on my Jeep. So I crawl in from the passenger side. Good thing I look like a hobo with a plaid jacket, messy hair, and slight odor.

7:20. I hop in a extended cab truck with Danny Vaden, Matt Fields, and Adam. Its tight but that's how fun trips go. We cut up all the way to Denny's.

Now I don't usually go to Denny's. Every time I go the service is horrible and it takes forever. I do have the notable exception of having gone to the northern most Denny's in the world though. But today was just the Denny's in Anderson.

Today I didn't care about the service, too much. In fact we waited for 30 minutes for a table and my Dr. Pepper never got refilled. But that didn't matter because my Grand Slam breakfast was free. And free tastes soooo much sweeter than normal.

Unfortunately it only further solidified the notion that Denny's food is O.K. and the service is terrible.

Paul "But who cares because free is free" Murphy

3 Comments:

  • Here's a free idea that covers your last two blog entries. Next time you are in Nashville, call the Purity Dairy and sign up for their free tours. It isn't much, you sit in a room, watch a 15 minute ancient video with VERN and then they open the curtains. You get to watch them make something. On our tour day it was ice cream sandwiches. But, after the video, the lady whips out the icecream samples and you get as much as you want. It's an idea when looking for a cheap date. Also, I think it is called the TN History Museum in downtown Nashville. It is free and pretty interesting. Aaron's parents take the girls whenever we are in town. Good luck with Aimee and getting a job.

    By Blogger K. Pirkle, at 2/06/2009 7:20 PM  

  • Did you know that 3 Denny's pancakes has 88 grams of fat in them. You really should think about that;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/08/2009 1:27 PM  

  • Karen Pirkle you are Amazing!

    Lauren: I'm still underweight from xmas and working a lot. I'll eat what I want

    By Blogger Paul Murphy, at 2/14/2009 8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home