Stories of a Moron

Monday, January 14, 2008

Reading and Fishing

I bought a speargun. The company shipped it out this morning via priority mail so I'm hoping it shows up either on Sunday's flight or Thursday's. I'm really excited. I've never tasted Sea turtle and I'm really interested to see how it tastes. That's a joke. So I've been looking up fish charts for the area to see what is edible. I think it'll be a blast. I got a Murphycheap 27" JBL Explorer speargun. It's not a big game gun, but its mine and hopefully it'll be shiny.

I've been reading a lot lately. I've downed 3 books in the last month. The two on Mountain climbing, which were excellent, and another Donald Miller book "Through the Painted Desert." Its about a roadtrip. I like roadtrips. Jeremy Stoneburner says we're going camping this summer. So we'll go somewhere cool again.

Through the Painted desert wasn't like Blue Like Jazz. It was different but the same pragmatic but poetic Donald Miller. I like his take on things, he makes christianity easy. I love how he takes a sobering look at relationships between people, and people and God. I also like the idea of traveling around and living in the woods and stuff.

What a random blog

Paul "captain random" Murphy

4 Comments:

  • Thanks for the heads-up. I'll keep an eye on the mail. Did you guys ever get the package I sent to you? Hopefully it made it there.

    By Blogger Sam Travaglini, at 1/15/2008 6:50 PM  

  • I had written a fairly lengthy comment criticizing Donald Miller (more for his writing style than his content, though I had problems with some of it as well), but then decided against it. His writing clearly does something for a lot of people. Just not me.

    By Blogger Luke Dockery, at 1/16/2008 7:44 AM  

  • Have you read irresistable revolution by claibourne , and I agree with luke about Miller's writing style, I read alot but had to force my way through his books.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/16/2008 1:14 PM  

  • I also read a lot, but I really enjoyed Blue Like Jazz. I've found that most people either love Miller's writing or hate it. Personally I really connected with a lot of what he said. I've been recommended to read 'Searching for God Knows What," which is supposed to be better than Blue Like Jazz.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1/16/2008 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home