Stories of a Moron

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Awwwwwwesome

Today I went Iceclimbing on the Fox Glacier. I picked up a pair of ice tools, some mountaineering boots, and crampons and headed out onto the glacier with a guide. It was stinking amazing. Fantastic. At first it didn't feel right; holding on the the wall with just the front points of your crampons, but by the end of the day it was like third nature. It took me a while to realize that its 80/20 legs/arms not 20/80 legs/arms. I took some pictures with my fuji film disposable. Alltogether we spent about 6 hours out on the glacier picking away at icewalls and cravasses. I think I'll find time to go iceclimbing again. Need to buy gear.



It has to rank up there with flyfishing in AK, my first SCUBA in Cozumel, shore diving on the big island of Hawaii, and holding hands with that girl I almost chundered on.

Paul "goin' on ebay later today" Murphy