Stories of a Moron

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Kudos and Extinction

Well I got on ferry this morning and transfered to the south island. Ferries are cool. Especially car ferrys. Honestely I was a little offset by riding on a car ferry. Apparently they sink quite fast and people die. Anywhoo. Sorry about the spelling I've been forced to use IE. Grrrr.

In other news I went to a movie the other night in Taupo with Lee the Irishman. Cool cat. Apparently during the movie there was a decent earthquake about 180 km to our east. Go figure.

Today I jumped off the bus in Nelson. I went to a singing service at the Nelson Church of Christ. Good folks over there and I recommend you stop by if you're in town. It was a xmas carol singing service, and I hate xmas carols. But not tonight. Something was a little different. I guess it was the firm realization that I'm thousands of miles away from family and friends for Christmas this year, and the closest thing I had was the congregation here in Nelson. Kudos to them they were incredibly hospitable and had a good looking, sweet, red haired coC girl who apparently teaches highland dance. Solid.

I was faced a few months ago with an article in National Geographic that said my kind (people with red hair) will be extinct in 100 years. Ever since then I've had this internal nagging to continue my rare pedigree. But how do you start a conversation like that? Hey we should hook up because... you know... we're going extinct and stuff.... No. So now we will come up with the top 10 pick-up lines for keeping the red hair going. I'll try to keep them Mimi appropriate.

10. Have you seen Ice Age 2? Because I think you're like that mammoth...

9. Hey sweety, lets say you and me fight natural selection together.
(these aren't good. I need some help)

8. I want to grow old and die of skin cancer with you. ( we make vitamin D more efficiently which in turn leads to higher skin cancer cases in sunny climates)

7. Hey baby, you want to go lay out on the beach and get a sun burn. (most of us are quite pasty)

6. Lets role play; this time you have to be Andy Richter...

5. You want to play "connect the dots" on eachother?

4. Can I rub sunscreen on your face?

3. Hey sweety, how 'bout you come over here and we can start mixing alleles.

2. Can I be your pasty Ricky Ricardo?

1. Lets start a bonfire

Paul "I hope I get on the right busses tomorrow" Murphy

1 Comments:

  • Can I borrow some melanin? I seem to have lost mine.

    Are those real? (pointing to her chest) I'm talking about the freckles.

    What's the difference between a blonde and a red-head? You don't let your best friends date a blonde.

    I hear Rahab was a red-head. See past pickup lines...

    peace out. word to your mother.

    By Blogger Philip, at 12/24/2007 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home