Stories of a Moron

Friday, December 21, 2007

Wellington

Named after the great Duke of Wellington Arthur Wellesly. I once wrote a huge paper on him. Now I'm in the town named after him. Wellington is most noted by his domination of Napoleon at Waterloo. Before that he was responsible for establishing a foothold in Portugal and Spain. Good stuff. Little Advice: Don't read history books by British authors. They try and use the longest sentences possible.

Everythings gravy right now. All my bookings have sorted out. Hope to go to Sunday evening sevices in Nelson tomorrow.

I love the Nomads backpacker hostel. Everytime I need a place to stay they've got room. They also offer a free meal so its Murphycheap as well. Yah for them. I ganked this picture of the crossing yesterday. They offered a midnight trip but I'd have to burn a day. Cool beans. My knee hurts a little. But its all gravy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home