Stories of a Moron

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Fatality

I just thought of this brilliant Paul Murphy moment while I was just about to go to sleep. This ones brilliant so stay tuned.

So my good friend Jody, you may remember Jody as the girl I stood up about four times for frisbee, had this cute friend she worked with. Now by this time Jody was going out with Steve. Anyways she decided to try to hook me up with her cute friend. So one night last year I was sitting around finishing supper. Jody calls me and tells me to come to the Methodist church where she babysat on Wednesdays nights. So I drove on over in my sweet Jeep Wrangler and tracked Jody down. I was in for a surprise.

Now in the past when I have a friend thats said, "Hey I've got a friend you need to meet," they either meant "Hey fall on this handgrenade for me so I can have some alone time with her friend," or "my cousin is pretty desperate and you haven't had a date in a while." This time was different. Jody found me a hottie. We had a good time hanging out with the kids at the Methodist church. I also got to meet her parents and they seemed pretty cool as well.

So a week or two later Jody calls me up again and says I should hang out with her, Steve, and the girl from Wednesday night. Cool. The girl had invited us over to her place to play old school super nintendo. She boasted her mad Mortal Combat skills. Nothing is more depressing then losing to a girl, it happened to me once, I got robbed, it sucked. So I brushed up on the old Mortal Combat moves. Always be prepared.

Well Jody and Steve picked me up then we went to Wed. night girls place. Solid. Well things started off poorly. I accidentally got her cat stuck between the screen door and the front door. Oops. Then we went to grab some dinner. It was all down hill from here. She started talking about a party she went to the night before and the dude she made-out with. At this point I realized nothing was going to happen and I was wasting my time, so I decided to have some fun. We went to see the "beavers" in a pond in Searcy. It turned out to be a giant rat. Then we went back to her place to play Mortal Combat. I began dominating. The first game I played her was a complete shut-out. I decided to finish up strong with a Fatality I learned the previous day. So after I torched her head with fire I began chuckling to myself. She began to be very frustrated with my domination in the game so she wanted to switch to Street Fighter. The problem there was I trained for hours my freshman year at street fighter with Sam Travaglini, an asian akin to the programmers. So I dominated in that too.

All in all it was a good night. Did I get nookie? Well, no. But I did get to see a rat and dominate in video games. I think Jody and I both realized it wasn't meant to be.

Paul "Socially Inept" Murphy

4 Comments:

  • well, at least you never get mono that way

    By Blogger Josh M, at 6/02/2007 6:00 AM  

  • I will email you my local numbers so you can call us when you get here. What time do you arrive and how long do you have before you leave?

    By Blogger David Reed, at 6/02/2007 2:35 PM  

  • sweet moves kid! All I have to say is: if a girl is going to talk about the random people she made out with, then that individual deserves to be subject to male domination in a serious way, specifically in an area that she thinks she's good at... good work Paul.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/05/2007 7:46 AM  

  • Uhhh, what is "nookie" for a Murphy?

    By Blogger MichaelPolutta, at 6/06/2007 6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home