Stories of a Moron

Friday, June 01, 2007

Decisions

I don't really like to plan. I think life is more fun when you fly by the seat of your pants. When you don't have a plan it leaves the possibilities at infinity. I remember would try not to plan my Friday nights at Harding. I always thought something really cool might come up and I didn't want to miss it. One time my friend Mandi invited me to do something on a Friday night. It was still early in the week so I said I wasn't interested in going or had something to do. The next week she asked me how my friday night went, I hadn't done jack.

Not planning has some disadvantages. I use to tell Sam T. that I was going to get a date the next weekend. The problem is I didn't really ever have anything planned and Friday snuck up on me quick. Then some fridays I'd give a last ditch call to some girl who would always deny my invitation to Wendy's. I think they thought I wasn't thoughtful in my request, but they didn't understand how I work. There are worse stories I just won't tell them.

Not planning also has some serious advantages. Part of the way I like to plan is that it allows me to make some crazy decisions. I never thought, "Hey I bet diving for that frisbee will hurt." It was just a desire to get it. I'm impulsive, and I like it. I don't over examine or over think stuff. I don't consider the consequences first. That doesn't mean I don't consider the consequences, it just means they ussually get drowned out by the excitement of a new opportunity. And it also helps give me great stories and contributes to the name of the blog. Impulsiveness leads to some pretty dumb things sometimes.

Paul Murphy

btw I'll be in Nashville next week and need a ride to camp, and a place to stay.

2 Comments:

  • I do believe we had a few fun Friday nights together.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/01/2007 9:45 PM  

  • paul, if you're still needing a ride to get from nashville to camp, i can get you, we can hang out in OR for a bit, and we could take you down there. i'm sure mandi wouldn't mind a weekend trip to SC

    By Blogger Sam Travaglini, at 6/02/2007 7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home