Stories of a Moron

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Aniversaries (?) and blogging defficiency

I like celebrating. Really anything except my birthday. Lots of people really enjoy birthdays. I don't. Birthdays remind me of all the stuff I didn't do the previous year. I like other peoples' birthdays because that means someone else has to deal with the depression of getting older. Its now been a year since I moved from SC back to ARK. From USC back to Harding. It was a huge jump for me. You might call it a "throwdown." It was a good moved and inspired by an inumerable amount of factors. Inumerable is probably an exageration. When I made the move I wasn't sure about much, not even if I was going to stay in grad school. I met with some other department faculty to talk about their programs. I somehow found myself flipping coins to figure out what to do. I figure if the apostles can cast lots to decide for Mathias or the other guy (Joseph or was it Joseph Mathias ?) anyways I though I could flip coins to see what I should do. I finally realised that no matter what as long as I was trying to follow Jesus it would all work out. So for the first time I think I realized that maybe God's plan for me wasn't specific. He'd throwdown with whatever. I just have to "...be a hoe for Jesus" (-Dwight Smith). And for the first time in a long time, I felt peace about what was going on. And everything worked out. I got a great job working for Josh Brown, Allen Henderson, and Dr. Finley in the College of Ed. My schedule worked out, and I got the wonderful opportunity of living with Thomas Kinsley and Jeremy Stoneburner. Never saw any of that coming. Nor did I see what or where I would be a year later. Who'd of thought. I don't think I could have told you which two hemispheres American Samao was in a year ago. I did think that things were going to work out. And they did.
Anyways I've got some other aniverseries coming up. Unlike my un-computer savy brothers with their getto crunch o' meters I've got something a little cooler. I hope it works. So enjoy the new meter, unless you get tired of it...

Paul "wow that's redonkulous" Murphy

Tired of the meter. Send those requests to

I'll buy Paul Murphy dinner over Xmas break
co: Paul Murphy
PO Box 326
Pago Pago, AS 96799

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home