Stories of a Moron

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Snake story part III: The Tre' (used in vain?)

I've been in a bit of a funk the past few days. Maybe its because its August. I don't know. But what makes everybody happy? A good story.
I'm still baffled at how I get so many hits from random places. How 15 people here on the island read my blog regularly.

So in high school I hung out with some shady characters. The Jennemanns were a backstreet group. Or at least you had to turn off Wrightsborough to Troupe to ... I forgot. Anyway I always loved hanging with Paul and Stephen. They were a great mix to our Josh and Paul. I remember one time accidentally introducing myself as Paul Jennemann. Long story, conservative church, blah blah blah, snake story.

Paul and Stephen were a dichotomy of sorts. Two very similar yet very different brothers. We enjoyed camping with them. Anyways one day we decided to go on an infamous camping trip. Yes there were multiple occasions. Stephen and I headed out early (3:30pm) because it was labor day weekend and we were headed for one of South Carolina's best beachside state parks. So Stephen and I are chugging down the back highway in the Nissan Sentra. Suddenly we saw a snake basking in the sunlight on the asphalt surface of road. So we did what anyone in our situation would do; we stopped to play with/kill it. Stephen pulled out his pellet rifle from the trunk of the car. Stephen always had something to kill stuff with in his car. He once pulled into a church parking lot early in the morning with a herd of bunny rabbits. In one deft move stopped his car, pulled out and loaded a blowgun, and shot a rabbit dead on the spot. Anyway after shooting the snake several times with the pellet rifle it finally died. Then we played with it for a while and put it in a used Winn-Dixie bag. We continued merrily down the road to the campground.

When we got to the campground we intended to eat the snake for dinner. So we went to the beach for a few hours to play and pick up ladies. Upon returning the snake had turned sour and was stinking up the back of the Nissan Sentra. So we did the next best thing- thought of a way to scare someone with it. Josh, Paul, and Marcus were bringing the tents. So we put the snake next to a tree were the tents would go. When one of them saw it they would freak.

Ummm, your corner needs to go more to the right Mark.

"Next to the tree?"

Yah.

"There are roots over there"

Umm Ok (it didn't work)

OH! Look a SNaaaake!

From here Marcus naturally dashed away from the snake that was definitely no more then two feet from where he was standing.

How did you see that black snake in the dark? Good catch! - Josh

Oh dunno

Hey that things not moving. And look at all those flies around its head- Josh
(Flashlights were out and the only thing holding the joke together was that the severed head was hidden behind the tree)

Lets see what happens when I poke it with this stick - Mark

Knowing the joke was about to be unraveled (denoument-ed) I knew I could get one last gasp. So I ran over to the snake and yelled "I got it!" I proceeded to pick up the dead snake and sling it at the three bystanders. Naturally they almost wet themselves. Josh though it was fake anyway. He found out otherwise when he picked it up and squealed like a girl. EEEEE! HEY, that's not fake. What type of second rate prankster does he take me for? We all got a good laugh. Well Stephen and I did. I think the others weren't too happy. I think I had to put the tents up.

Paul "Next time put it inside the tent" Murphy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home