Stories of a Moron

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Nature vs. Nurture: The Rents

This could be a deep psychological post about how I turned out like this because of my parents. But despite my parents best efforts this is pretty much how I turned out.

Anyways this post is about The Rents. I hate Mother's Day and Father's Day. It just seems a little forced. That and Josh banned me from getting mom cards. Apparently you're not supposed to make "hey, you're getting older" jokes to your middle aged mom. I think we should also feel free to think about our parents any day of the year not just in may and june. Oh, and I think I forgot my mother's birthday this year. Happy Birthday mom. I also think I want to start referring to my mother as "Mom's."

Mom's and Dad are great. If you don't know my Rents you just might be missing out. Now I realize that neither of my parents are perfect and I could tell some stories on that, but not this time. I would like to put my parents in the spotlight for this blog. Though I don't really think much about them I'm pretty sure they're always thinking about me. Especially when the bills come in. I bet they really think about me then. We're all getting older but The Rents still check up on me and make sure everything's taken care of.

So here's to The Rents, this blogs for you.

Paul "the middle child" Murphy

words don't do justice.

3 Comments:

  • remember that one year when stephen & i were in spartanburg for both mothers & fathers day? yeah, that was fun. oh, and as i've gotten older, i have different names for my mom, too. she can tell what kid of mood i'm in by how i call her. oh yeah, your rents are cool, too. peace out.

    By Blogger Paulo J, at 8/12/2007 7:16 PM  

  • Don't you have something more interesting to write about? Are you sure? Come on! How about I give you a starting paragraph...

    In the beginning there was the voice of reason. The voice of reason was knowledge and was with knowledge.

    One day the voice of reason informed the Pmurph that his backing lights did not work. The Pmurph did not listen and tunred his back on the voice of reason. It came to pass that the Pmurph was attempting to back his car in poor light when SNAP, CRACKLE, POP a calamity occurred.

    There is a start for you, lets see where it leads.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/13/2007 12:41 PM  

  • My backup lights work and I spent hours getting them that way

    By Blogger Paul Murphy, at 8/13/2007 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home