Stories of a Moron

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Scattered Ramblings

First and Foremost I might end my 14 year Braves Only fan membership. Not because of the Braves, I love Julio Franco; although they did get rid of Marcus Giles. Anywho, I think I just might start rooting for the Yankees. Now hear me out. The other night a travesty happened to baseball. Barry Bonds is now the all-time home run king. Barry "My athletic trainer is in jail for giving people roids and look at my rookie card" Bonds. When Hank broke Ruth's record he caught flack because he was black. I think some redneck in Alabami might have a problem with Bonds b/c he's black, but my problem is he cheated, egregiously. (side note: I spelled egregiously correct on the first try). So why become a Yankees fan? Well I now find myself rooting on A-Rod in hopes this tainted part of baseball history will quickly be over. Down with steroids. Down with steroid abusers. Don't let them in Cooperstown

In some good news a couple of guys that play disc have arrived on the island. They're from Vancouver, BC. Maybe I can finally get a decent game going.

I need an obscure sport to compete in the 2008 Olympics. If anybody can think of anything drop me a line.

aight I'm out

Paul "Needs roids to make it to the Olympics" Murphy

3 Comments:

  • You do realize Julio Franco was released by the Braves, don't you? He was merely a one week rental.

    By Blogger Philip, at 8/09/2007 12:43 PM  

  • Why don't you revive the once olympic sport of - tug-of-war? Maybe you could start a one man version. Is frisbee golf an olympic sport?

    By Blogger renee, at 8/10/2007 2:44 PM  

  • Although I didn’t like it at the time, getting rid of Marcus Giles and his declining skills was one of the best things Atlanta ever did.

    By Blogger Luke Dockery, at 8/13/2007 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home