Stories of a Moron

Friday, December 15, 2006

...in my shoe

I've decided to change some things. First I decided to change my starter and was denied. Anger. Then I tried some more. Now I am forced to take it to a mechanic because my car is jacked up. I've since decided to change my truck's name from Morty to Gus. Gus- because he makes me want to cus, I really hate him.

So much junk has happened in the last week that I can't remember the really good stuff. Oh wait, yes I do.

So I went to Bank o' Hawaii to (hopefully) deposit my (multiple) checks Tuesday(Night deposit at the ATM wasn't working for a month and they close at 3pm). I took my truck after push starting it. When I got to the bank some kids came up to beg some change off me. So I obliged with $1.15. But then they noticed I had more change and accosted me about it. So I told them to go away and turned my car off. But wait the starter doesn't work. So when I got back from the non-working ATM I realized I goofed.
In theory you can push-start a car in reverse. I had never tried this, and since I was parked backwards on a slight hill it was about to happen. Luckily it does work.

The bus to me to the middle of nowhere today and I got off thinking I was somewhere else. Realizing I was in the middle of the Jungle I hiked out. More on this story later.

In honor of Jeremy Stoneburner and my bashing his movies we are having Pad Thai tonight. Here's to you Stoner and your marvelous cooking and mediocre movie selection.

Paul Murphy

1 Comments:

  • Dear Paul,

    I can relate. I went for about six weeks once saying to myself "ya know, I really need a new battery for my car" but never got one. Lucky for me I have a small car with a manual transmission and Greenville is a hilly place. Everywhere I parked I could roll forward of backward and get started.

    However, I left my lights on the other day at school. I think "no biggie, I'll just roll". Problem is, I now live in Aiken county and Aiken is flat. Too flat even for my 1.6L 4 cylinder to get turnin. Lucky for me there was a burly man with a t-shirt with the sleeves ripped out and a big beard who happened to have jumper cables. Thanks scary redneck dude, I gotta go.

    By Blogger DK, at 12/15/2006 9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home