Stories of a Moron

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Predators

There are some problems on the island, one of which is the overpopulation of dogs. Now the dogs on the island aren't like dogs back home. There is really no breed of dog, they are all something akin to a dingo and hyena. They're about as agressive too. Some veteranarians take a vacation to come here and "fix" all the dogs they can get a hold of every once-in-a-while. It doesn't do much.
Gerrard
Gerrard is a cool kid at school. He originally hales from the Solomon Islands. Gerrard is a beast at soccer. He schools all the other third graders. In fact, he schools all the other fourth, fifth and sixth graders as well. He's not that tall but incredible with the footwork. If I was stuck on a desert island I would want Gerrard as one of my three things. Between him and Ray, one of the kids at church, catching food I would never go hungry. Both are beasts and probably bound for professional athletics. As Philip said, if Ray doesn't wind up in the NFL he'll be the dictator of a small country.
Back to the dogs. One of the biggest problems with the dogs is that they have no natural predator, or people that care about them. Some dogs walk around with massive tumors. Sometimes the tumors make the dogs look funny. I decided, like agent Smith, that dogs are not an organism but a virus on the island. Something needs to be higher on the food chain besides the occasional traditional Tongan or Korean. I've decided to start hunting dogs in order to fix the problem. I've been eyeing a slingshot at Ace. I've also been shopping the intrarnet for a good Stephen Jennemann style pellet rifle. I don't know, maybe I should just convince Gerrard and Ray to start taking to dogs out for me.

Paul "Wasting N. Korea trade resources" Murphy

1 Comments:

  • Mr Murphy I think you are being very unfair. Dogs are people too, they just have not been blessed with the good looks of ... myself, for instance. Of course they roam free, who else would want to be seen with them! I have often seen one such pack, a very menacing threesome. They drive around Pago in a beat up old white Nissan (I think) truck with George Michael blasting on the radio.
    When they do eventually mate they will mate with other dogs (surprise surprise) thus fulfilling the biblical instruction of 'go forth and multiply'. Thus the dog population will always be with us...I think you should cut them some more slack, meany!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/07/2006 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home