Stories of a Moron

Thursday, October 19, 2006

When there's trouble, you call DW...

Every now and then you have a conversation that "wakes you up" a little. We'll get to that converstation in a little bit.
I guess I've always tried to march to the beat of my own drum. I like to think that my drum is like one of those sweet steel drums. I've always wanted to learn to play steel drums. Nobody I know plays them and I think it would be cool. Anyways, there have been times when I've been guilty of trying to be or become someone who "follows the crowd." I don't want to follow the crowd, I rather get ahead of them and figure out whats going on, maybe get on a rooftop. Now there is nothing wrong if you want to go to A&F and buy pants, I just wouldn't feel comfortable doing it. You can do whatever.
I can remember a conversation I had with one of my good friends Daniel White (Whitey). Whitey said he was going to do something, which I can't remember, and I said something along the lines of "what people will think." Whitey set me straight. He informed me that he didn't care about what other people thought. I like that frame of mind. I'm not sure I should care about what people think about me or my actions. At the end of the day Whitey knew he didn't have to answer to me, Stone, or anybody else. The only person he had to answer to was himself. Was he satisfied with his life?

If you want to be who you think everyone wants you to be, you're wasting your time.

Paul Murphy

Whitey is not called Whitey b/c of his last name. On the contrary its b/c he doesn't like "coulored" people. He's quite pale himself

Sam represents the East because he's a smelly Jap with squinty eyes.

Jeremy. Christian Children's Fund. Click the link.

5 Comments:

  • Baroness Hale of Richmond should be commended on her recent actions. If anyone wants to better utilize their time write the Baroness a letter expressing your approval. FGM ain't no joke.

    By Blogger Paul Murphy, at 10/20/2006 4:58 AM  

  • Nosy sister-in-law here. While I completely agree that one should not be concerned with the opinion of others, we should at least consider how our actions/dress/speech reflect Christ's influence in our lives. What would His opinion be?
    Jaime

    By Blogger Philip, at 10/20/2006 2:28 PM  

  • Person was in itallics, I was hoping the rest would be understood.

    By Blogger Paul Murphy, at 10/20/2006 2:57 PM  

  • heh, heh. Me commenting on this would be most ironic

    By Blogger KStewDawg, at 10/20/2006 3:07 PM  

  • Hey Paul, tell your nosy sister-in-law and Philip they just cut me off with the whole have to be a blogger to post thing. Maybe I wanna be nosy, huh siss. Maybe they are trying to encourage me to make my own blog?.......(pin drop)......ok, they probably know me better than that. Anyway, good to know you still support anonymous critics even though you catch the most crap from it.

    PS. Did Schimizze just call someone a feminist lesbian? AWESOME!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/23/2006 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home