Stories of a Moron

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Swine and sorry's

I think I need to apologize about yesterday. Someone got upset and instead of addressing the issue I turned it into a game. Rule 1 of any game, Know your opponent. It should also be understood, if you haven't already noticed, that I have a statistical tracker on this blog. Baisicly it tells me stuff like where people are coming from and when they came.
If you decide to leave a comment and disagree with something please don't resort to an "Ad Hominem" attack. Basically against the man (courtesy of Luke Dockery). Please take on the issue at hand not attack me. Its not that I can't handle people being angry with me, I just turn it into a game to be won, and I win at games.
Also it should be noticed that I do not censor any comments left on the board, only my own. I believe in a free transfer of ideas. Even if those ideas happen to involve giant rats. You should have seen how happy Colt was to have a picture of him and a thwarted rat online.


Enought of that.

Now onto swine. Yesterday began the pig purchase revolution. The pig revolution is basically a challenge. After reading Sam Travaglini's blog I decided that I too am wasting money, and eating too much fast food. So we've agreed to cut our spending and start buying pigs. This isn't a grand venture capitalist skeme but something entirely different. The Christian Childrens Fund has a page where you can purchase a one-time gift (please visit). For $25 they can get a pig to a family and give them supplies and training on how to effectively use the pig. I esspecially like the picture of the little girl and the pig. I think its an effective way to be more concious about the money I spend and what I could spend it on (kinda like Miller's Blue Like Jazz with the extension cord). So I challenge all of my readers to take the same pledge Sam and I have. We're going to buy a pig for a family every other month. This means I will have to cut out about 4 trips to Checkers or KFC every other month and use that money to buy the pig. Here is what I want from my readership. Either find someone to switch off months buying pigs with or sign up for either the Sam T. team or Paul M. team.
We'll call it West vs. East Pig Challenge. Sam will represtent the East, and I'll take the West. West has Nov. Jan. March.... East has the other months. So sign up in the comments section of either sam or I's blog.

Paul "Pig purchasing" Murphy

15 Comments:

  • Yes! I finally made your list of links!

    By Blogger MSS, at 10/18/2006 10:38 PM  

  • If the issue at hand is that fact that you are a sexist pig (or is the correct term swine?), does that make this an attack against the issue or against the man? I get so confused about these things. But don't mind me. I'm just an UNrational, baby-loving, teacher drop-out, who likes to censor AND censure men. And you wonder why anyone would take issue with you. Hmmmmm.

    All joking aside (and I'll let you decide which of the above is a joke). I, as a woman, find your assumptions about women both presumptuous and inaccurate. You come off as an arrogant know-it-all, but you also come off as someone who doesn't understand women.

    For example: There are some things that are humorous and educational that should not be censured by females. Such as top ten lists on http://dentites.blogspot.com. (under comments for post about girl in the library).

    I read it, its pretty funny. What I think many people find offensive about the tone of YOUR posts is the assumption that females have NO sense of humor. Seriously. You rag on them, they get mad, you claim they have no sense of humor.

    Some things are funny and some are not. Sense of humor is based on personality NOT sex. I know women who would find the dead rat picture hilarious. I also know men who would be disgusted by it. Try being funny without feeling the need to insult half the population in the process. Give women AND men the benefit of the doubt.

    Ultimately of course it’s your blog and you should post what you want. Just don’t get angry when you start a post with a challenge and a gross generalization about a group of people and they get mad! If it feels like an attack people are going to fight back. And FYI - if you turn it into a game, I’m GOING to win.

    I always win at games. :-)

    Oh, and I posted this comment as anonymous as part of the game. Guess where I posted from and you win!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/19/2006 12:42 PM  

  • First, why is it that Sam always represent the East? Hmmmm. Maybe, in addition to being a bigot, you're a racist too??? Another subtle jab at those different than you? j/k of course.

    Paul, just disable anonymous comments and save us all from the twenty seconds we waste every day reading her comments. If she's not man enough (oops is that politically incorrect) to post a name, she's not worth reading. I can read grafitti in the bathroom stall if I want anonyminity.

    Later.

    By Blogger Philip, at 10/19/2006 1:16 PM  

  • Just curious. Why do you assume "anonymous" is one person or that that one person is a SHE? Seems a bit presumptuous to me. :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/19/2006 1:28 PM  

  • Learning from Paul's mistakes, I've disabled anonymous comments.

    They're just not worth having.

    By Blogger Josh M, at 10/19/2006 2:20 PM  

  • Here's the thing Ms./Mr. Anonymous needs to understand, Paul is making a joke. Pretty much everyone who comments here has known Paul long enough and well enough to understand his sense of humor. I have no idea who you are, but judging by your comments I would guess that you don't know him particularly well if at all. If that assumption is true then first off why are you reading and commenting on a blog in which you don't really understand the history behind. I can understand that somethings that Paul has said could be seen as sexist....if you didn't know him. Honestly, understanding the context of much it just makes it plain funny. If you do know him well, then I would think you would have the decency to address the issue with him privately rather than anonymously attacking him in a public forum.

    By Blogger MSS, at 10/19/2006 8:32 PM  

  • Why would I want to agree to essentially an unwinable challenge. Oh I'll take your word that I didn't peg your domicile. Anyways... I think Michelle just laid down some serious pwnage. Lauren helped.

    By Blogger Paul Murphy, at 10/19/2006 9:32 PM  

  • Paul,

    Assuming that "anonymous" actually is a woman, you should ask her out. I'm seeing loads of potential comic value here.

    By Blogger Luke Dockery, at 10/19/2006 10:07 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Philip, at 10/20/2006 3:29 AM  

  • Luke,
    I don't want to drive to
    4002 Loop 322,
    Abilene, TX 79602. Gas costs too much right now.

    Josh has been posting websites of the week. I found a quite interesting one myself.

    http://www.bcbstx.com/about/code/code_proper.htm

    By Blogger Paul Murphy, at 10/20/2006 4:35 AM  

  • Oh snap.

    By Blogger Luke Dockery, at 10/20/2006 8:40 AM  

  • Paul you should tell anonymous I agree with spousal abuse (both ways). I'd bet the "guy/girl" with the on going period would have field day with that. What is it about some people having the desire to throw their own beliefs on someone at all costs? I mean hey I believe in spousal abuse. Why don't you? huh anonymous? have you ever given it any thought? Hey maybe it (for future reference can we refer to her as it?....you know for appeasal) could post on my blog....good luck finding it.

    To michelle: That was a great post. At least, probably the most mature way to handle the whole thing. I'm sorry if i resort to hitting people in the face.

    To Paul: if you desire to delete this, i understand, no prob. BUT, that's how you pwn, paul, that's how you pwn.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/20/2006 9:44 AM  

  • BC/BS ahahahahahahhahahah!!!!


    It took me a minute to figure out how your interesting website fits your favorite feminist.

    By Blogger Josh M, at 10/20/2006 2:07 PM  

  • I thought the picture was funny (though I'm sure you're mom did not). Of course, it wasn't my grandson holding that hugh rat thing.
    ?If you buy a pig for someone can you choose where to send it?

    By Blogger renee, at 10/22/2006 3:56 PM  

  • Mom said she loved the rat picture.

    By Blogger Josh M, at 10/22/2006 8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home