Stories of a Moron

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Change

I both like and dislike change. Change is good for buying stuff, like Dr. Pepper. It is also handy when trying to occupy yourself by playing games like "quarter soccer," "nickle basketball," and my personal favorite "Dr. Pepper Pong."
There are also another type of change, some I like some I don't. I don't like my parents changing my room at home around, or switching mattresses. I don't like it when the weather changes from nice and warm to cold, wet, and Buck nasty. I don't like changes in stuff like that. I do like other changes. One thing I've learned from my Dad is that you can do anything on a "trial basis." If you like it, you keep it, otherwise toss it. When people complain you can always say, "It was only on a trial basis." It's kinda like when Burger King had the Whopper for $1 for a limited time. But that limited time lasted over two years. I liked BK. Then they took it away and I haven't been to BK but for when Chik-fil-A is closed on Sundays.
Most of the time I am just anxious about change. I'm eager to see how things will turn out. I'm eager to see how the newly elected congress will work. Now I've taken on the belief that local government affects much more than National but Natty gets more press. I also don't like either, make that, any political party. There beasts not appropriate to Democracy. Members of the House don't vote on what they believe to be right, they vote on what the party tells them to in hopes to get their money for re-election in two years. Blah blah blah we've all heard me ramble on this before. So I'm anxious to see how this whole "new congress" thing will turn out. Maybe trepidation is a better word. I don't know what to expect, but as the constant optomist I have hope. Maybe its time for some change. Maybe members of Congress will throw off there predispositions to bickering and pouting. We might actually get something done. Maybe we can "fix" Iraq ( And by fix I mean risbee). But in a resonable manner. Maybe we can cut spending. Maybe we can stop bugging Wal-Mart about not paying more than minimum wage b/c they follow supply and demand of Econ. So what if they don't offer health benifits to employees, nobody I've ever worked for said, "hey you wants some health benifits?" And I've worked for the gov. Oh btw, if your butt didn't bother to graduate Highschool and decided to get drunk, high and knocked-up then no I don't think you deserve to get paid more than $5.25/hour when peeps in AS get $2 even if they were top of their graduating class.

Paul "I combined too many posts" Murphy

1 Comments:

  • In 1913 Samuel de Pierce (Ernie to his friends) inveneted the duplex. At first people thought he was a madman, for he used to wear socks on his ears to prevent wind burn from the Zephurs that swept the Sahara plains - they also did a great job of preventing sun burn but that was a bit more of a serenditous find. Anyway people used to think that Ernie was mad "sacre bleu" they used to say "you vring two ouses together and make one ouse yet it is still two, this is insane". But what Ernie had foreseen was the rise in usage of crack cocaine and thus the need for crack houses not within walking distance of residences. And since loaded people could not walk far (or well) you could not get much closer in walking distance than being part of the same structure. Pure genius and amazing foresight. The world was to honour Ernie by carving his head into Mt Rushmore but unfortunately, and ironically, Ernie died in an abseiling accident and in doing so smashed his face to the degree that the sculptures had nothing to go on.
    Anyway, my point is that I totally get what you were getting at with your blog.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/09/2006 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home