Stories of a Moron

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Blow, your mind

Well contrary to what this post could be about, it's not about my second favorite preachers comments on national television. I like watching good movies. I like watching revolutionary movies. Movies like Braveheart, "Your heart is free. Have the courage to follow it." Gladiator, "Win the crowd and you'll win your freedom." Amistad, the ending song ( I hum it all the time). But today I had a Matrix experience. Not one of those orthoganal pieces of junk but the movie. I really enjoy the Matrix and its special effects. Now I thought the storyline has some holes and the second and third were kinda not worth watching, but all together a solid movie. One of my favorite scenes is when Keanu (?) flexes and the world flexes around him. Sweetness. Today I flexed the world around me, or at least my kids thought I did. I'm quite suprised nobody cried or started smoking, literaly or figuratively. I showed them, using things they already know how to do, the basic calculations for projectile motion. They asked frantic questions which I fielded with marksman accuracy. They just sat there. Not really knowing what to do. It was like they saw David Blane rip a quarter in half, except way better. It was like David Blane teaching them how to truely magically rip a quarter in half. It was rediculous.

Paul Murphy

You know I was going to throw a jab at Joe Beam but I just can't think of anything that would be funny and clean, or appropriate. So there will be no making fun of anything today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home