Stories of a Moron

Friday, September 01, 2006

A boy named Mortamer

Though I never wanted children I always wanted to name a kid Mortammer (I kinda think its like the soldier who walked to the pearly gates and said to St. Peter, "one more soldier reporting, for I've already spent my time in hell."). I thought I could just call him Morty. Well I don't have any kids but I do plan on buying a car today. But not just any car, a 1996 Nissan Pickup 4X4, 5spd, V6, with 31" tires. Its one of those cars thats too beefy for a girls name like kate, Dora (as one of my friends called his Ford Explorer), or sue. This truck is too beefy for a girls name.

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures, but not sorry enough to buy a digital camera and start taking pictures. Here picture a school converted out of old duplexs next to the last lowland rainforest in the S.Pac. When my kids play kickball I have to trodge through the jungle to retreive some kids shanked attempted at a homerun.

The island has been pretty rock'n. Hopefully Morty will allow me to explore some more and get invovled in something athletic so I don't feel like the Pringles I eat every day for lunch are making me fat. Which, by the way, taste kinda foul today. Needless to say I've felt pretty stuck without wheels.

But when it rains it pours. Yesterday while car shopping Philip and I found two cars in the "wreck" lot of one of the banks. After talking to an employee we deciphered we could get two of these cars for under a thousand a peice. It was almost the start of the Murphy Samoan Junkyard and the Murphy Bro. Repo "breaking into cars since 1998." I'm sure we could have inlisted some local talent and just managed the buisness. But Philip didn't buy the repo pitch and I didn't buy the salvage yard pitch so you've still got time to talk us out of it.

Paul Murphy

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home