Stories of a Moron

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Fudge and addition

I feel like my class is alot like Arthur, the cartoon. While my kids are being forced to learn the Pythogorean theorom and trigonometric functions the second graders next door get to sing and dance (like the pirates of penzance). While my kids are trying to find the correct angle to launch a rocket in 6mph winds they here "two plus two is four." Which they probably yearn to answer, it so simple. Ironically my nephew Colt is in that class and is probably questioning the idea that two plus two is four. Furthermore recognizing that 4 plus 8 is not 12 but 10. Try explaining that to a second grader or even harder the teacher, but thats the challenge Jaime is facing with her chem and phys students. Its true. Its called significant digits, look it up if you don't believe me 4+8=10 every time. Furthermore Colten is probably recognizing that two is one of the few numbers that added and multiplied by itself is the same number.

If anyone sees or talks to my parents tell them to send my stuff

They say that 50% of teachers quit by their fourth year. I figure this happens for two reasons. 1. most teachers are women. Women don't have jobs, the make babys. Its true. Women are not rational around babys. Don't ever try to have a conversation with one while their holding a baby. Babys cry, women have to go pick them up. I on the other hand have developed the ability to tune them out completely. Women get completely unrational when talking about babys and pregnancy. Can't handle the pressure. 2. Teachers aren't competitive enough. We've lost the old student and master thing, which is an issue. Its not just good enough to know more than your students, you've got to know alot more than your students. Furthermore, shove it in their face when you have to opportunity. This goes for everything including dodgeball. I own these kids in dodgeball just as well as math. Teachers let kids win, not only on the recess field but in the class room. Don't let them win with annoiances. Any time my kids try to get under my skin I retaliate with extreme predjudice. Homework, they hate it.

bye
Why do I sign my name? Its not like people are thinking "hey I thought this was the Jonathan Storment fan club blog?!"

6 Comments:

  • ouch. go easy on the opposite sex there turbo.

    at this rate, you may be sleeping with the rats and dogs. hope jaime doesn't read your sexist education thesis. for that matter, i hope no one you intend to date reads it either. brutal.

    By Blogger Philip, at 9/07/2006 5:13 PM  

  • I agree with Philip. Not the ideal things to be saying in the pursuit of the opposite sex. However, who am I to talk? I've already had a girl cry in class.

    Do you have an actual address over there? Jess was asking, that can only mean good things.

    she misses you.

    (so do I, of course)

    By Blogger KStewDawg, at 9/07/2006 7:43 PM  

  • Dude! I thought this WAS the Jonathan Storment fan club blog.

    I think you should have a "Fan Mail" post in which you answer all the fan mail your blog has generated. I'll ask the first question:

    Dear Paul,

    Are you as buff in real life as you are on TV?

    Oh, and I wanted to know you address too. And if you lay off on the XX bashing, I'll tell all the single nursing students what a great guy you are, teaching the children on the other side of the world...

    By Blogger DK, at 9/07/2006 8:46 PM  

  • Wow. Does the fact that I'm not a baby person mean I'm not a real woman? Instead of taking offense I am going to assume you were joking by your completely ridiculous assesment of women, babies, and the teacher drop out rate. Ha. Ha. Very funny.

    By Blogger nicolegail, at 9/07/2006 11:10 PM  

  • You smooth talker.

    You might need some of your sweet kid killing-dodgeball skills the next time you wanna write one of these. Duck n' weave, duck n' weave...

    By Blogger Josh M, at 9/11/2006 9:34 AM  

  • I just ran across this little piece of wisdom. Fascinating. It's actually really unfortunate that you can't appreciate the burden women have when they are asked to choose between having a family and having a career, especially when you witness it every day.

    Maybe so many teachers quit because they realize they aren't sufficiently intellectually qualified to do the job. In fact, I'll bet that a lot of 5th and 6th graders know that:
    1. "unrational" isn't a word
    2. "alot" is actually two words
    3. "predjudice" should only be
    spelled with one "d"
    4. When we have a singular word
    that ends in "y", the "y"
    magically becomes an "ie",
    thus 1 baby, 2 babies.

    Way to blog "teach"!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/06/2006 10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home