Stories of a Moron

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Funny, pure and simple

Last night we had Wednesday night Nights night. Or Shawn, Dean, and myself went to see Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. I've got two words, hillarious.
I gave my class their first test the other day. Not good. In fact I feal like Dr. Stewart in 215. Its not like we didn't actually cover the material. We did, most of it twice. But still some students bombed it. Granted I had one question that I think only one student got right. Worse, most of it was multiple choice. I hate it when teachers aim for the bell curve. I hate it. And thats pretty much what I got, but skewed a little left. Now the competitive part of me thinks I need to work harder to get my students better. The optomist thinks that my students probably just didn't test well and that they really do know the answers. The pessimist thinks that none of my kids have been paying attention for the past four weeks. Either way they've got to do better. Which means I've got to do better. Attitude reflects leadership.
The Happy person inside me just wants to go watch Talledaga a few more times. It was the funniest movie I've seen in the theater in long time. Possibly ever. But seeing as the second movie would've been monster's inc. it show the limits of the movies I see in the theater.
Alright I'm out

Paul

What is 100yards long and has 76 teeth?
The front row of an University of Alabama football game.

1 Comments:

  • You just wish you could be like me. I can't be sure, but I'm 99% certain a student was crying during my test Wednesday.

    And the average? You don't even want to know.

    By Blogger KStewDawg, at 9/15/2006 10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home