Stories of a Moron

Saturday, January 27, 2007

My sandles, another story of a moron

So I came to the island with two pairs of sandles. One sandal got jacked by some dog and I never found it. So I'm down to one pair.

So today we went snorkeling. It was probably the best snorkeling ever. My first with sharks. It was good and I started perfecting my snorkeling technique from speed and suprise to quiet and still. Fish are like girls; if you chase after them they run away and hide. If you sit still for a while they'll come and check you out.

While we were walking back we stared at the "blowholes" for a while. Its not a bad thing. When the water errodes the rock it sometimes goes under the rock forming little caves. The caves then crumble and form openings a few yards from the edge of the cliffs. Anyways I was climbing back out of one of these and my flipflop fell off. It then tumbled down the rock into the ocean. Now common sense and Stephen Hawking both said not to jump into the ocean and retrieve my sandal. The waves were pretty big and crashing into the cliffs below. But I didn't want to walk back without a sandal on the lava rock. Also the sandals were a gift from Dad. Then somebody decided that throwing my other sandal into the ocean would prevent me from risking life or limb on retreving it. But then I had to go in b/c I no longer had a matching or unmatching set of sandals.

So I jumped in after my shoes. I got them back but have a few scratches to show for it.

Paul Murphy

2 Comments:

  • there have been several recurring posts about you doing bodily harm to yourself lately. Are you secretly crying for help?

    By Blogger KStewDawg, at 1/28/2007 9:01 PM  

  • Paul is an Emo... we now have proof.

    The worse part about this story is the fact that one of the sandals is falling apart and needs to be put out of its misery. It's only hanging together by a thread and some foot fungus.

    A nice burial at sea seemed appropriate for a little Addidas piece of rubber that was probably manufactured in Taiwan, shipped to the States, sold, and then shipped to AmSam.

    By Blogger Philip, at 1/29/2007 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home