Stories of a Moron

Monday, January 28, 2008

Writing to Failure

The last couple of days have been a bit odd. It's like a bad joke. One of those where it isn't really funny and nobody laughs. But that doesn't make a just description. It's more like when Colt makes a joke. You don't really listen except to determine when he's finished so you can give him a mild chuckle that reaffirms that his jokes need more work.

I'm sitting here chuckling at life. It's jokes need a little more work. They're not horrible and they're not good either. Just blah.

Failure 1. I haven't really been catching fish. Now sure I can skewer some small reef fish, but I don't want small fish, I want something I can take a picture of. I would also like the amount of fish I catch to exceed the amount of energy I spend catching it. I shot a small fish yesterday just because it was taunting me. Little punk. He eventually got away when I tried putting him on the stringer. :-(

Failure 2. My truck, Gus, died. Well it didn't die it just broke. I pulled over after some nasty noised came from the front left wheel yesterday going to church. Smoke was coming out of the locker casing. I'll work on it this afternoon. Also my cool flip flops broke this morning in class. Now I'm out two modes of transportation. Usually I'd be really hacked and say Gus makes me want to cus, but not this time. It seems ok, and I glued my shoe back with some Krazy Glue. It's like life has turned into a Bobby McFarren song.

Failure 3. Not really a current failure, but apparently Whitney Hay7es found my facebook stuff and we're facebook friends now. She wrote me a message. I don't know how to take it. Can I just electroshock those memories out of my life. There are two standing memorials to P Murph failure on my Facebook wall. Thanks life. That's really helping my coping skills.

I guess Mom's right; if I didn't have all this junk to deal with life would be boring.

In other news I have a dominating immune system and I think it'd be really cool to get to share it with other people, and DK will take me out to get icecream if I donate bone marrow.

Paul "When your flip flop pops a loop, just go get some Krazy glue. Don't worry. Be happy" Murphy

3 Comments:

  • I can't believe the Voice of Reason hasn't chimed in.

    I don't feel sorry for you.

    One day you'll realize that your failures aren't really failures. They're more like small reminders that you're human and that you're probably not as good looking as you think. Your failures are merely speedbumps on the racetrack of life.

    Real failures involve bankruptcy, death, or President Bush.

    In classic Murphy-male-know it all- way...
    1. Get a bigger gun or alternatively ask someone to show you how to spearfish.
    2. Expect to occasionally fix your 12 yr old rust bucket. Deal with it. It's usually better than a car payment.
    3. Talk to a female without using the words Halo, Herpes, Battlestar Galactica, or Boogers. Tell Ms. Hayes she was the hottest thing in the sandbox and you'd like to take her out to dinner when you return from your manly sabbatical in AmSam. Worst case scenario, you're eating a whopper alone... so what's knew?

    baby steps dude. baby steps.

    'nuff said.

    By Blogger Philip, at 1/28/2008 6:51 PM  

  • Oh. And since I found out Ms. H is married.... don't ask her out. But try asking out some other female.

    By Blogger Philip, at 1/29/2008 12:27 PM  

  • What's the back story on Whitney Hay7es? Is this a girl you liked at some point?

    By Blogger Luke Dockery, at 1/29/2008 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home