Stories of a Moron

Thursday, January 24, 2008

My new pigs

So I've found a new way to help save the world. I've been watching a lot of House lately and they're always looking for bone marrow donors. So I signed up on the list.

National Marrow Donor Program

apparently it costs $52 for the test, so you pay that and they send you a cheek swab kit. So here's to finding a match. You might want to sign up too. Apparently there's a huge need for more African-Americans and Pacific islanders.

Paul "I think they use a huge needle to get it" Murphy

6 Comments:

  • I'm on the list already. In fact a couple of years ago I actually got a call to go in for more testing since I was one of two possible donors for a little boy. I wdidn't get another call after the second test so I guess I wasn't the right match (sigh).

    By Blogger renee, at 1/25/2008 2:21 PM  

  • I too am on the list. They did a big donor drive at HU this past spring. While I can't give blood because of the getting malaria while in Africa thing, I can still be a bone marrow donor which is pretty cool.

    By Blogger MSS, at 1/26/2008 3:21 PM  

  • Paul,

    Big needle doesn't really do it justice. Don't worry, we'll get you some ice cream afterwards.

    But seriously, it's a really cool thing because, if selected, someone could end up walking around with your immune system. How cool is that?

    -DK

    By Blogger DK, at 1/26/2008 8:50 PM  

  • Dude. you rock! Imma talk to beks about us doing that after the baby's born...

    btw... i like the monickers.

    pete "dunno what the frick to put in this little phrase" goode

    oh... might I add... First Generation Engineer LOL!

    By Blogger Goode Design, at 1/26/2008 11:03 PM  

  • First generation engineer...wait isn't that just another term for old?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/27/2008 11:57 PM  

  • i think i just peed in my pants laughing at the anonymous comment. no wait. that's just spilled coke.

    shouldn't we start an Engineer retirement plan?

    By Blogger Philip, at 1/28/2008 6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home